Mhamilton0911

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully not 3 frags of the same one.
I would hope the picker for that day isn't in that mood!! I left a note asking if something pink was possible so let's see how they respond in picks.
beg please GIF by Toca Boca

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I would hope the picker for that day isn't in that mood!! I left a note asking if something pink was possible so let's see how they respond in picks.
beg please GIF by Toca Boca
I don't know a lot about all the coral vendors. There is one that made my list of "never again"

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Corals anonymous, 1 frag wasn't and is not fully healed. 1 mushroom bleached, the other looks not even 5 % of what I ordered. I am sure that's covered by " Please keep in mind, due to variances in species, your item may not look exactly like the one pictured"

OP
OP
Mhamilton0911

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Corals anonymous, 1 frag wasn't and is not fully healed. 1 mushroom bleached, the other looks not even 5 % of what I ordered. I am sure that's covered by " Please keep in mind, due to variances in species, your item may not look exactly like the one pictured"
I haven't used them yet. This order was aquasd and mostly not wysiwyg but rather the "multiples available" option. So this is a big surprise situation.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I haven't used them yet. This order was aquasd and mostly not wysiwyg but rather the "multiples available" option. So this is a big surprise situation.
Aquasd shouldn't be too bad. I'll love to see what they give you :)

OP
OP
Mhamilton0911

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Considering I now have a frag tank, empty, maybe I will see if those damsels are still in the store. Gives me time to see if they are true springeri or just blue damsels. If they pass, I'll add to display, if they seem regular ol blue damsels I'll take em back.

Plus I hear damsels are great for flatworm control so being in a frag tank with new incoming coral should be beneficial.

My coral should ship on the 1st.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Considering I now have a frag tank, empty, maybe I will see if those damsels are still in the store. Gives me time to see if they are true springeri or just blue damsels. If they pass, I'll add to display, if they seem regular ol blue damsels I'll take em back.

Plus I hear damsels are great for flatworm control so being in a frag tank with new incoming coral should be beneficial.

Did they have yellow tails?

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Gotta remember, there are 2 species of springiri, one has a pale white tail, the other is black stripes. the small blue ones are peaceful and can live in a small pack, the black stripes will make a pair.

(According to the article I linked from reefbuilders.)

Edit: which I am now also after these springeris.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mhamilton0911

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did they have yellow tails?
Gotta remember, there are 2 species of springiri, one has a pale white tail, the other is black stripes. the small blue ones are peaceful and can live in a small pack, the black stripes will make a pair.
In the pic I took in the store my phone really distorted the color, in person the tails were not yellow but rather clear with a slight blue tint.

Stores' order sheet listed them as the springeri type so if they are wrong it's from the diver or wholesaler at some point.

I talked with the owner of the store for a while about them, he says he usually orders different ones, these were a type he usually doesn't order, and he got in other of his normal order types.

He's not 100% sure about the exact species either, we were both looking at comparison photos and trying to nail it down but didn't come to a conclusion. Thinking maybe the juvenile colors were more bland and they might gain those black flecks with age?

I sure didn't want to chance them with my display, but since I can monitor them in another tank I think I'll try. I like the activity of all the damsels but not the aggressiveness.

Another question, will they show their true nature if they are by themselves? Or will they seem ok enough to let me release them to the big tank only to change to a holes and make me question life choices?

I love how I start out confident and by the time I type things out I'm already second guessing myself. That's why it helps to talk things out I guess.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
In the pic I took in the store my phone really distorted the color, in person the tails were not yellow but rather clear with a slight blue tint.

Stores' order sheet listed them as the springeri type so if they are wrong it's from the diver or wholesaler at some point.

I talked with the owner of the store for a while about them, he says he usually orders different ones, these were a type he usually doesn't order, and he got in other of his normal order types.

He's not 100% sure about the exact species either, we were both looking at comparison photos and trying to nail it down but didn't come to a conclusion. Thinking maybe the juvenile colors were more bland and they might gain those black flecks with age?

I sure didn't want to chance them with my display, but since I can monitor them in another tank I think I'll try. I like the activity of all the damsels but not the aggressiveness.

Another question, will they show their true nature if they are by themselves? Or will they seem ok enough to let me release them to the big tank only to change to a holes and make me question life choices?

I love how I start out confident and by the time I type things out I'm already second guessing myself. That's why it helps to talk things out I guess.
Yellow tail, will have yellow tails, perhaps even a yellow belly. The neon blue damsel will have a black dot behind the dorsal fin.
Neon blue
neon blue.JPG

More peaceful springer, according to reefbuilders
chrysiptera-springeri-7.jpg
chrysiptera-parasema.jpg

best kept in a pair only. still according to reef builders.
other spinger.jpg

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 27 22.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 86 71.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.2%
Back