Magnifica anemone shipping issue

PaulViljoen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello
Okay so I bought a mangifica nem about a month ago and when it got here it was mush. So now I have a chance to get a new one but I'm scared that the same thing will happen.

I have been reading alot of these threads and all suggest that something goes wrong during shipping.

So now I'm asking what goes wrong in shipping, is it the removal of the nem and the tank, is it the bumping in the boxs??

OP
OP
P

PaulViljoen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are a lot of factors in shipping, ie: delivery time, delays, temperature, how the anemone was packaged/sealed, etc.
Okay so this time I am having it shipping in a cage and I have asked for them to put extra heat pads in ( form South Africa so its winter now) and then it wil be in the box for less than 10 hours hopefully

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay so this time I am having it shipping in a cage and I have asked for them to put extra heat pads in ( form South Africa so its winter now) and then it wil be in the box for less than 10 hours hopefully
Supplemental oxygen (from an actual O2 canister) can really help as well (not everyone does this, though).

D-Nak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anemones actually need to be shipped differently than corals or fish, but the jury is still out on which method is best. Some wholesalers ship anemones with minimal amounts of water (no water means nothing to expel waste into), while others ship with a lot of extra water, but this increases shipping costs. Adding to the complexity, some believe that anemones should be shipped with a minimal amount of air in the bag to avoid "sloshing" around.

OP
OP
P

PaulViljoen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anemones actually need to be shipped differently than corals or fish, but the jury is still out on which method is best. Some wholesalers ship anemones with minimal amounts of water (no water means nothing to expel waste into), while others ship with a lot of extra water, but this increases shipping costs. Adding to the complexity, some believe that anemones should be shipped with a minimal amount of air in the bag to avoid "sloshing" around.
That makes alot of sense

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More heat pack does not mean better. I had anemone got overheated during shipping and did not do well.
The important thing is healthy anemone prior to shipping and no stress with shipping.

OP
OP
P

PaulViljoen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More heat pack does not mean better. I had anemone got overheated during shipping and did not do well.
The important thing is healthy anemone prior to shipping and no stress with shipping.
Yeah so this is thw nem
And they removed it a week ago and placed it in the cage it will be shipped in so to avoid the stress of being removed and then shiped
6d42ed8f-868c-4e1d-88e6-ca8bf182bddd.jpeg

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back