Magnificent Foxface colors fading

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a magnificent foxface about a year ago. He is fat and healthy, but I saw a picture the other day and his fins seemed more yellow than they do now. Is this normal as they age? He eats nori everyday (along with the tang and bicolor angel), Larry's chunky food (pieces that the puffer lets go), and sometimes NLS pellets.

Like I said, he is really fat so he eats enough, lol. I've been using the same algae for at least a year and the tomini tang and angel colors are great.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B011VX8PHY/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Before pic: Before.jpg

After Pic: After.jpg

Jose Mayo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Siganus sp usually vary in color depending on the predominant color in the environment and the degree of stress. At night, when they go to sleep, this change can be intense. Probably this change in color is normal.

Regards

OP
OP
jasonrusso

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Siganus sp usually vary in color depending on the predominant color in the environment and the degree of stress. At night, when they go to sleep, this change can be intense. Probably this change in color is normal.

Regards
Oh, I definitely know the camouflage coloring. It's fascinating how fast it can change and change back.

this is me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine changes from time to time. The pictures below were taken one week apart. You can see in one picture, the fin is clear and the other the fin is yellow. I never really paid too much attention to my magnificent fox face but it's a beautiful fish and a great cleaner.
D6AF3A22-82AB-4019-8F6A-6B3B0D67BA08.jpeg

F2347B21-B433-46CB-803E-1BF5D883D095.jpeg

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 28 18.1%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 104 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.2%
Back