Majano or baby RBTA?

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok nem experts... little background. I have a RBTA tank with a dozen or so BTAs, that is plumbed into my newish frag tank w/sump. Last night, hubby and I found this little guy hanging out in the sump of the frag tank.

The frag tank isn’t completely up and running yet, so there is no light down there. If it’s a baby RBTA I want to put him back in the nem tank where he can get light. If it’s a majano or some other pest, I want to zap it before it spreads.

What say you? It’s very small, maybe a little bigger than my thumbnail. I’m thinking it’s an RBTA ... but just want to make sure before I give it a home lol

e2a7292bb3ebaacf9f100dc7f5e4ec46.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
ngoodermuth

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It sure looks like a baby bta to me, but I have seen some pretty convincing majanos.

I know... looking up various examples of mojanos and sitting there like “well, that one kind of looks like a bubble tip, and that one, and that one...” lol

JerseyClowns

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok nem experts... little background. I have a RBTA tank with a dozen or so BTAs, that is plumbed into my newish frag tank w/sump. Last night, hubby and I found this little guy hanging out in the sump of the frag tank.

The frag tank isn’t completely up and running yet, so there is no light down there. If it’s a baby RBTA I want to put him back in the nem tank where he can get light. If it’s a majano or some other pest, I want to zap it before it spreads.

What say you? It’s very small, maybe a little bigger than my thumbnail. I’m thinking it’s an RBTA ... but just want to make sure before I give it a home lol

Looks like a RBTA to me. Assuming you already have them in your tank/system somewhere unless his guys a hitchhiker.

OP
OP
ngoodermuth

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: baby RBTA is safe and sound in the nem tank. Thanks for the reassurance everyone!
b0d527bc2315d1a46bfae60b3686c489.jpg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back