Nemo5

Nemo5

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

+1 on Distilled water if u cant get a ro/di for the time being.

I like the rock scape.

Remember to take this hobby slow, and test test test [emoji6]
d130cd20b93aae74d76e129b7bc20648.jpg
I will be going slow , super excited but will be doing multiple test wayyy before I start introducing fish ! I’m not to sure when to start introducing crabs , shrimp ( clean up crew ) though !

Hella_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome home, you will love it here!

1) I would also recommend you invest in an RO/DI system
2) BioSpira is a fantastic product and it seeks out and destroys ammonia -- OK that's not how it works, the bacteria in the bottle aid in the completion of the nitrogen cycle so that it's broken down in to gas and expelled
-- this stuff is phenomenal, we use it in tanks FULL of dirty fish to keep ammonia down in the absence of a biofilter. Make sure it has some "sponge" or media to colonize. Rock and sand help but I like to keep some other media for it to colonize. Extra points if water flows through it. A hang on the back filter is a GREAT tool for this purpose
3) I love the aquascape! Thanks for sharing!

OP
OP
Nemo5

Nemo5

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome home, you will love it here!

1) I would also recommend you invest in an RO/DI system
2) BioSpira is a fantastic product and it seeks out and destroys ammonia -- OK that's not how it works, the bacteria in the bottle aid in the completion of the nitrogen cycle so that it's broken down in to gas and expelled

3) I love the aquascape! Thanks for sharing!
So you’d recommend that product and dose the tank ? Thank you

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you’d recommend that product and dose the tank ? Thank you
Yes. It does not replace waiting to add fish or replace a cycle, but it's a great tool for a head start. It's also consistent, it's the only product I rely on. Dr Tims is a good product but 1/2 or more of the bottles I get don't work. Every biospira bottle I've purchased has done it's job - (we quarantine and start tanks a lot). Highly recommend. I've purchased probably 15 bottles in the past 60 days LOL!

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_20190105_202101_01.gif
if you cant afford an rodi filter than distilled is a fantastic supplement. In the long run an rodi filter will be cheaper . Save up a little at a time and sooner rather than later you will have bought one.
Back when Heather and I had to do laundry at a laundry mat, we saved all of our left over quarters and eventually we had enough for a washer and dryer. I would suggest round up the distilled water to a dollar and save the change for an rodi. Just my two cents.

AngryMike2016

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also can't recommend Biospira enough. When I setup my first tank, I thought I had completed my cycle, and added two clownfish. I added them too soon, and found detectable ammonia after 24 hours. I went out and picked up a bottle of Biospira, added the whole thing, and the next day ammonia was gone. I credit the product for saving my clown fish's lives.

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and WELCOME!
You have chosen wisely by joining R2R! As you can see you have already received a good bit of sound advice from the amazing community here.
RO/DI will be an investment that will pay dividends in spades.
I have a little bow front envy now. The tank looks great and the aquascaping is outstanding! Keep posting up.
Share and like often!

Back