Making a used bow front reef ready?

rafa1993

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! So we’re going to purchase a used 40gallon bowfront tank. What kind of equipment would we need to get this up and running to reef ready eventually? I know most new tanks come with stuff ready or come with the AIO built in. We also can’t just do a premade drop in kit due to the odd dimensions. I’m a bit confused on what we need to make this tank ready. Sorry if this is sort of a common sense question, I’ve tried looking up the answer but don’t really know what specifically to look for lol.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you sure you want to go down the used/freshwater-saltwater conversion route? It can end up being just as expensive as if you'd purchased a purpose-built saltwater tank from the outset. There's not really enough details to offer suggestions on your proposed purchase, ie: dimensions, stand, sump, pictures, etc.

OP
OP
rafa1993

rafa1993

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you sure you want to go down the used/freshwater-saltwater conversion route? It can end up being just as expensive as if you'd purchased a purpose-built saltwater tank from the outset. There's not really enough details to offer suggestions on your proposed purchase, ie: dimensions, stand, sump, pictures, etc.
Would you recommend sticking to fresh water for something that isn’t already converted? (or easily fits a converter)I’m attaching a photo of the tank we are purchasing. Honestly we don’t mind keeping it fresh water & eventually in a year or so purchasing a new kit that is prepped for salt water.

Attachments

• IMG_4239.jpeg
    IMG_4239.jpeg
    122.5 KB · Views: 31

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back