Making the grade? DIY stand and your feedback

Appears my custom sump has silicone bubbles in the corner (not just the baffles) as well. Friends, can I verify this is a big problem, potentially, down the road? Cheers & Happy New Year!

IMG-7139.JPG
 
You really dont want any bubbles in the silicone from a long term point of view.
The stand should be fine if there is cross support on the top. Here is mine for my 4x2x2 120.
Mine are 2" verticals and bottom and 3" top though.
1.5" without any center support is not going to be that stable imo.
20190324_201248.jpg
 
You really dont want any bubbles in the silicone from a long term point of view.
The stand should be fine if there is cross support on the top. Here is mine for my 4x2x2 120.
Mine are 2" verticals and bottom and 3" top though.
1.5" without any center support is not going to be that stable imo.
20190324_201248.jpg
Thanks for the added detail. This is my thinking as well.
 
Appears my custom sump has silicone bubbles in the corner (not just the baffles) as well. Friends, can I verify this is a big problem, potentially, down the road? Cheers & Happy New Year!

IMG-7139.JPG

That's pretty bad. It all depends on how much pressure is going to be pressing on the seam. Would I trust that? No, no I would not. Not for long term, for a couple months, maybe, just so you can get a replacement.

Who made these for you? My aqueon tank has better silicone job than what you got there.
 
Thanks. I'm sending the whole system back and going with a Red Sea peninsula 500 instead. Keep it simple for now.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new