Making the same mistakes over and over

Who would still follow someone that repeats their mistakes for money?

• Total voters

Justgottadiy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok , so this won’t be to most people’s liking since there’s dif strokes for dif Folks.
As reefers we need to be more responsible than we are. We need to start helping our fellow hobby members become better reefers through less miss-information when we’re telling someone how to deal with pests or algae or any other problems with a reef system.
Instead of using our large number of followers that follow good editing / videos and not so much what’s really going on and the actual subject matter.
having ppl kicked off of Facebook groups for calling you out ondoing these things and blocked for saying the problem isn’t what you’re asking it’s that you’re having to ask it for actual help with a problem you’ve dealt with multiple times before and promised to change your ways and didn’t.
Especially if you’re going through the same problem/s that you’ve gone through before over and over.
Some ppl like to use their “status” and whatever to continue to make the same mistakes again and again and say they won’t do that again, but try to help others.
Trying to use youtube money from views in a hobby with living animals and not taking the necessary steps to try to prevent many tankfulls of fish die from the same things over and over!
my mom used to tell me the first times an accident after that it’s on purpose.
Not to mention on of the times this specific individual used polyp lab medic and swore it was the bees knees and he loves it. Why try something dif you don’t know about, don’t know how to use? To post up all over on another method of doing the same thing you already learned from to add a dif vid to your channel. That’s why!
I’m tired of these big name YouTube stars putting out crappy info telling ppl flat out lies and only to benefit themselves in either Youtube money and or products being sponsored.
now before we go any father!
yes I’ve been sponsored by companies for foods, equipment, and lovestock.
They knew what they got into with me before they sent me anything! I would tell them if you’re product is t up to what it’s supposed to be I will not say I love your product.

Last edited:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
This is one of the hobbies in which we learn from our mistakes and learn from others.

lilgrounchuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it is but once you learn and go on national social media and TEACH then you’re no longer LEARNING
Not necessarily the case. Don’t get me wrong, I 100% agree with do it once shame on you, do it twice shame on me. I also agree with your view on certain folks doing things for likes, free stuff, and money being a huge problem (not just in the hobby, YouTubers are destroying an entire generation - kids were eating tide pods because it became a “thing”). That said, I think is totally possible for someone to post their journey of learning, while making mistakes, correcting them, and teaching at the same time so others don’t fall into the same traps. Does it happen often? Probably not, but I’m sure there are folks out there doing it that you don’t see pop up in your feed because they aren’t doing extravagant things to rake in the views. I think melevs reef is one that would fall into that category.

OP
OP
Justgottadiy

Justgottadiy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not necessarily the case. Don’t get me wrong, I 100% agree with do it once shame on you, do it twice shame on me. I also agree with your view on certain folks doing things for likes, free stuff, and money being a huge problem (not just in the hobby, YouTubers are destroying an entire generation - kids were eating tide pods because it became a “thing”). That said, I think is totally possible for someone to post their journey of learning, while making mistakes, correcting them, and teaching at the same time so others don’t fall into the same traps. Does it happen often? Probably not, but I’m sure there are folks out there doing it that you don’t see pop up in your feed because they aren’t doing extravagant things to rake in the views. I think melevs reef is one that would fall into that category.
He made that how to get rid of white spot vid 5 plus years ago he knows better he’s been in this hobby and also documented his journey many times over with each system and gaining more popularity as he goes. Great vids for sure and great at getting himself out there in the world. That’s what makes me so upset about it all in the first place. He knows what he doing and continue lfs to do it over and over he’s said he was sorry and was gonna start to qt and didn’t. That to me says he is doing things for views and needs to change what he’s doing and stop doing all this stuff for more vids. He found out polyp lab medic is the best on the market “says him !“ so why not use it again. He’s done qt vids and knows alllll about that process. Why not do that and show those proper vids that way. Long story short ... he knows better and is doing this stuff for views /money / sponsors for free stuff

lilgrounchuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He made that how to get rid of white spot vid 5 plus years ago he knows better he’s been in this hobby and also documented his journey many times over with each system and gaining more popularity as he goes. Great vids for sure and great at getting himself out there in the world. That’s what makes me so upset about it all in the first place. He knows what he doing and continue lfs to do it over and over he’s said he was sorry and was gonna start to qt and didn’t. That to me says he is doing things for views and needs to change what he’s doing and stop doing all this stuff for more vids. He found out polyp lab medic is the best on the market “says him !“ so why not use it again. He’s done qt vids and knows alllll about that process. Why not do that and show those proper vids that way. Long story short ... he knows better and is doing this stuff for views /money / sponsors for free stuff
Maybe, maybe not. I can’t say as I haven’t followed along for all of it and I don’t consume vast quantities of YouTube content. The few videos I’ve seen from him seemed pretty genuine. they’re all old, so maybe his new stuff is different? That was just one that came to mind.

OP
OP
Justgottadiy

Justgottadiy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe, maybe not. I can’t say as I haven’t followed along for all of it and I don’t consume vast quantities of YouTube content. The few videos I’ve seen from him seemed pretty genuine. they’re all old, so maybe his new stuff is different? That was just one that came to mind.
The post on FB is new that’s where he’s asking for help with h2o2 for white spot then when I mentioned him qting things instead and preventing it he acts like it’s a huge in convenient thing but he knows about it and know what it takes to do this process properly so why doesn’t he when he clearly can if he wants to he’s done waaaay more than that in his house so that’s not the issue. His new vids are still full of oh my I have white spot ... again ! Even though he does how to vids on how to not have it in your system lol so what is it he knows how to cure it and keep a reef without it but he always has it and is always trying new ways to get rid of it when he knows polyp lab medic works so great why do anything else that may not work and loose his fish lol seems silly and also NOT like a Reefer to change things up if they have a bullet proof way of dealing with something.

lilgrounchuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, ok. I don’t use Facebook so I have no idea what goes on in that wasteland, other than I know I want nothing to do with it.

OP
OP
Justgottadiy

Justgottadiy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, ok. I don’t use Facebook so I have no idea what goes on in that wasteland, other than I know I want nothing to do with it.
The posts from there are in the vid I posted on here. He used his followers to get me banned for saying ignorant lol he played victim because he’s a YouTuber ppl think he’s supposed to know everything Lololol he out the info out on national social media explaining what it is how it’s life cycle works and how to qt how to get rid of and all that jazz then has white spot for the idk 5-12 times later and wasn’t to change up things lol ‍♂️♂️

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 36.4%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 11 20.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 11 20.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back