Malaysian Acros, the Real Deal

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have transshipped a lot of stuff. I can only speak for myself, but I can tell you why I let people figure it out for themselves:

First, most who want spoon fed step-by-step instructions are fooling themselves and are wasting everybody's time, even if they do not know it yet.
Second, this is a $5-10k endeavor where you end up with mostly normal stuff, which you then have to get rid of, and maybe get a few good pieces that wow people. Then, you have to eat the losses - there are no guarantees or replacements.
Third, most people have not the room nor the equipment to land these wild pieces. I have had the best luck under daylight/6500k Metal Halide for a few months. You need to have a system all by it's self that is both cycled and also ready to hand a bunch of new load - not easy. Anybody got room for 100-300 pieces to meet a minimum?
Fourth, I don't want anybody whining at me if they choose poorly and send many thousands of dollars to a company in the South Pacific and never hear back from them.
Fifth, most people won't even want to take the time to go to an airport that has Southwest or some other Airline Freight - these usually go to LAX on some indo airway and then to my airport on Southwest. They don't know that they will have a $800-2000 air freight bill on top of the corals that they bought.

Figuring this out is not hard. If you cannot do it, then you don't need to do it... I am of the opinion that you have to kinda earn this one on your own and that "help" is no help at all.

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is exactly the attitude I don't understand. Does one plan on buying all the corals from this supplier? Why on earth wouldn't a person share where they bought corals? This appears to be a discussion among hobbyists, not among commercial resellers who rely on this income to feed their families. (And even in the latter case, business plans based on secrecy are not great models in 2019)

Secrecy about stuff like this is counterproductive and in bad taste.
Now show me your buried treasure

cboltsd01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe the OP mentioned where he sourced them from...Malaysia. Last time I checked there are flights available. I am a hobbysist and I wouldnt even have the expectation for someone to just hand me over such information. The OP surely has invested a lot of time, work and money to figure out the entire endeavor. Handouts are given to those in need, not wants. I dont give my kids an allowance without chores being done and money earned, however when they are in need of something I most definitely provide it. Seems like some people always want the easy route?

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe the OP mentioned where he sourced them from...Malaysia. Last time I checked there are flights available. I am a hobbysist and I wouldnt even have the expectation for someone to just hand me over such information. The OP surely has invested a lot of time, work and money to figure out the entire endeavor. Handouts are given to those in need, not wants. I dont give my kids an allowance without chores being done and money earned, however when they are in need of something I most definitely provide it. Seems like some people always want the easy route?

I just got email from Malaysian exporter of live corals, their CITES permits quota done for the year, they will email me when they can export more. Also unless you buy 10 or more boxes, fees will be high for 1-5 apprx, boxes, bummer.
What one needs to do is find an exporter that can do one box and has an agent to clear customs, you'll be waiting at cargo site after it clears and that's it or they clear customs and agent sends domestic flight to your near by airport.
I deal with only one that I know of in Tonga, that exports, clears customs and I pick up after clearing. Teau Faletau in FB.

His company dives for corals for Sea Dwelling Creatures, Emark, just to name some of the big boys, he caters to. 100% trust worthy

Last edited:

Reef Lounge Coral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Malaysia really is the real deal, we’ve been getting blasto, acropora, Brain coral and etc. from them since midway last year ;). Beautiful pieces by the way!!

I just got email from Malaysian exporter of live corals, their CITES permits quota done for the year, they will email me when they can export more. Also unless you buy 10 or more boxes, fees will be high for 1-5 apprx, boxes, bummer.
What one needs to do is find an exporter that can do one box and has an agent to clear customs, you'll be waiting at cargo site after it clears and that's it or they clear customs and agent sends domestic flight to your near by airport.
I deal with only one that I know of in Tonga, that exports, clears customs and I pick up after clearing. Teau Faletau in FB.

His company dives for corals for Sea Dwelling Creatures, Emark, just to name some of the big boys, he caters to. 100% trust worthy

Teau is a really good guy! We were just diving with hime a couple of weeks ago :)

Reef Lounge Coral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am just curious, but how do you know these are actually malay acros? I have not found anything about any legit boxes of acros coming from there for a long time now. Only thing I have found is that Indo stuff was shipped there and then sent out as Malaysian Acros. Or that the stuff actually from there doesn’t have the right paperwork and is going through back channels.
Not trying to get into your business but I am really curious and you did say you post here for information.

Can confirm these are what maly corals are looking like when coming over to the US :) boxes have been coming legitely for a little over a year and a half! We are a supplier of malaysian coral as well and offer wholesale for corals coming in!

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Malaysia really is the real deal, we’ve been getting blasto, acropora, Brain coral and etc. from them since midway last year ;). Beautiful pieces by the way!!

Teau is a really good guy! We were just diving with hime a couple of weeks ago :)
Richard Ross , did you see him or were you with his entourage? Heeeee

Last edited:

EW_Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can confirm these are what maly corals are looking like when coming over to the US :) boxes have been coming legitely for a little over a year and a half! We are a supplier of malaysian coral as well and offer wholesale for corals coming in!
Guess I'll have to grab some before the "hype" drives the prices up

Reef Lounge Coral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guess I'll have to grab some before the "hype" drives the prices up

Malaysia coral are already expensive, dont even get us started on shipping cost :mad:. If anything the hype wont drive the price up, that will only refer to torches lol.

Also Papa New Guinea, suppose to open in September? They will soon.....

PNG is already exporting but CITES have been really hard to get. We got some PNG acropora at the beginning of the year and have not had luck since then.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 72 35.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 53 26.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 64 31.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.9%
Back