My acro died after falling off the rock a few time

Acrohunter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I just want to know if its possible that acro could die after falling off the rock it was attached to a few times. Last night i was securing a beautiful Malaysian acro on one of the rock scape, after 30 minutes or so, i came back to check on it and realised that it had fallen over. Worry not, i took it up from the sand bed and re-glued it securely and firmly again back to the initial spot i had it on, this time making sure its secured. 1 hour later, i came back to it TIPPING over and fell back down to the sand bed again ! I got a little worried that it will be stressed out from all the " extra-handling ", i re-glued the acro for the THIRD time, this time around i applied way more glue than necessary on the base of the acro and pushed down hard on the spot it is supposed to be in again. I gave it a few tug to make sure its firmly secured and it is this time !

The next morning, i got up and went to check on it, it is still on the spot but now it is bone white with no signs of life. Could the " extra-handling " killed it ?

Water parameters :
Salinity 1.023
Temp 76F
pH 8.3
dKH 9.0
NO3 5ppm
PO4 0.03ppm
Calcium 450ppm
Mag 1400ppm

Tank has been running great for 3 years.

OP
OP
A

Acrohunter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, the extra glue coming in contact with the flesh or the extra handling could have killed it unfortunately.
Aww man, if only i was a little bit more careful with gluing it securely the first time ! Thats a costly mistake for sure. I kept the bone of the acro still attached on the rock scape there in case HAHAHA !

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW “ bone white” isn’t “ absolutely “ dead ( probably but…)
I’d let it be for a few and see if you can spot a lil inflorescence under all blue light….
I’ve had a few bleached frags recuperate before
added: don’t get your hopes too high tho …

OP
OP
A

Acrohunter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW “ bone white” isn’t “ absolutely “ dead ( probably but…)
I’d let it be for a few and see if you can spot a lil inflorescence under all blue light….
I’ve had a few bleached frags recuperate before
added: don’t get your hopes too high tho …
HAHA ! yeah i even did the smell test where if corals are still " alive " there will be a slight funky smell to it. Definitely not getting my hopes high though. Definitely error on my part.

OP
OP
A

Acrohunter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pardon the off topic but I JUST read an article on Malaysias wild cats ( 9 types!!!)
I had no idea it was such an interesting place!
WELCOME
Thank you ! I actually have been lurking for awhile now on r2r ! Finally figured it was time to come in and make an account. You should visit some day !

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 60 74.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back