Malaysian Acros, the Real Deal

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What you guys think of my ear piece, for cell phone. Can't understand why people driving by me laugh? High tech

20190827_175506.jpg

Salthead007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always grin a little when I see people get mad about paying $600.00 per inch, for a new release Acro. If we only knew how many they will have to sell, just to break even! Beautiful pictures !!

slapshot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still so confused why all the mainstream vendors have been slinging Aussie stuff all this time when Malaysia was exporting..?

How is the deepwater/smoothskin Acropora from there? I would expect them to share many of the same species as Indonesia.
Who knows maybe what you’ve been being told is Aussie is really Malaysian. I’m sure they are far cheaper to import! Not that I’m accusing anyone just sayin

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally know the OP and have some of these said corals. Nothing but fire. If your looking for exporting these I suggest purchasing a plane ticket first to Malay and having a large avail expense account at hand.
I have thread on importing for personal use. You can bring back 8, but do 6. If you try 8. Customs(possibly) can say for commercial use on US side . Just need all doc's in order. CITES,health cert...etc.....

And guys/gals, take it from me I'm a doctor. ......heeeee

Last edited:

stacksoner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm confused. Is this new information? Why is this story breaking on Reef2reef? Why not The Wall Street Journal? The obsolescence of Indonesia's coral monopoly that never was kind of seems like a big deal.

Karl M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great photos and some awesome Acros.

I would be willing to bet you put in a substantial amount of time, effort And funds to get those pictures.
Congratulations. Well done!

I will just have to bide my time for Indo to open back up (if ever) for the opportunity to grab a box or two. That’s about all I can handle. I’m a big fan of Aussie Corals but I have not been overly impressed with what’s been coming in lately.

blstravler

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Malaysia coral are already expensive, dont even get us started on shipping cost :mad:. If anything the hype wont drive the price up, that will only refer to torches lol.

PNG is already exporting but CITES have been really hard to get. We got some PNG acropora at the beginning of the year and have not had luck since then.

Change your buying terms to FOB and control your own shipping and customs cost. You can find an Air Forwarder to do it all for you. They are a dime a dozen.

markstubb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
True story. I LIVE in Malaysia and have never purchased or seen a Malaysian coral. Local fish shops say they just don’t/can’t sell them. The politics and laws here are so whacked out sometimes.

Now, someone bringing corals here from Indo and reselling them as Malaysian? Sounds completely normal and something I’d totally expect to happen.

But, if Malaysia only allows corals to be exported and not sold locally, that wouldn't surprise me either. Probably some greasy palms around

Last edited:

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Change your buying terms to FOB and control your own shipping and customs cost. You can find an Air Forwarder to do it all for you. They are a dime a dozen.
I always think all Air Forwarders are part of a cartel, someone in every Forwarder has at least one person with sales and marketing background, because one important point in sales and marketing .....know your competition.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 48 30.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back