Malaysian gold torch question

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I ordered a malaysian gold torch off ebay and I think I may have been had! I am attaching a pic of the coral from ebay BUT don have a decent camera on my phone to take a pic of what I received.

Is it usual for a Malaysian gold to arrive with a lot of purple tentacles? It looks like an indo gold but shorter tentacle but the coloring is the same. I am pretty sure it is Malaysian because I have another Malaysian cotton candy and i have an indo hellfire. The tentacles arent as long as indo hellfire and definitely brighter gold .

I am just wondering if after it settles in tank and is moved up higher if it will look like the pic (solid gold) because right now it dosent. I have it acclimating on sand bed! I definely paid to much if it dosnt end up looking like pic! The person I bought from had 0 feedback and since I bought it he just received 2 negatives on him! Highly suspicious! The two negatives are from one person claiming he didnt ship! I am surprised I actually received a coral after reading that today!

I need to move quick on asking for some of the money back if it isnt truly a Malaysian gold because I bet he deletes his account! He isnt off to a good start! He was supposed to add another torch and combine shipping but refused to delete the other shipping fee! Its not a bargain to pay to ship one coral and woulnt have even bought it if I knew he wouldnt combine shipping on the other one!

Appreciate any help!

malaysian gold ebay.jpg

Last edited:

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a one but he could argue that the coral looks different under other Lighting

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's going to be hard to help without an actual photo of the frag in question.

OP
OP
nano reef

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for offering to help. I will try to post a pic later! My camera sucks and doesn't have a zoom but my hubbys does so maybe he will help me! I think it is malaysian but dosn t look like this. The one I have has very skinny needle like tentacles and quite a bit of purple.

Its a nice torch just not like the pic and not really what I wanted. I am starting a torch garden and recently bought a indo gold with a green center and this looks alot like that but no green center and this was quite a bit more! Plus I was wanting something all gold! I will post pic soon...Thanks for help!

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
You really don't need to zoom much. Going for a identification, color is more important than a super close up.

Shirak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for offering to help. I will try to post a pic later! My camera sucks and doesn't have a zoom but my hubbys does so maybe he will help me! I think it is malaysian but dosn t look like this. The one I have has very skinny needle like tentacles and quite a bit of purple.

Its a nice torch just not like the pic and not really what I wanted. I am starting a torch garden and recently bought a indo gold with a green center and this looks alot like that but no green center and this was quite a bit more! Plus I was wanting something all gold! I will post pic soon...Thanks for help!
What kind of lights do you have on your tank? Look at all the surrounding objects in the photo and all you can see heavy heavy blue on EVERYTHING. There is some major deep blue lighting on that torch and not much else..

OP
OP
nano reef

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will try to get a pick one day but I think its my favorite torch in the tank and I have 6. Somehow he managed to get the purple out in the pic but let me tell you it does have some baby blue tips! I have an green mouth indo gold and a teal tipped gold that is malaysian from UC. It has thicker tentacles then this one. The pic makes the tentacles look thick but very thin. Its a gorgeous torch even though it dosnt look much like pic. I can see how all blues and a special lens could make the tips this baby blue! Just has purple in it I wasnt expecting! Wish it was solid gold like the pic that would make it over the top!

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back