Status
Not open for further replies.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I, for one, am glad for this PSA. I would always let my friends and family know if there was a website they were using that I suspected was putting malware on their computers.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@ScottR The problem I see here is that the vendor will be hit by lost sales for a couple of days, and then this message will be lost. The owners of r2r have been made aware, publicly, and have been quiet so far. This is only inviting scammers to a niche market that’s apparently easy to take advantage of.

You are waaaaaay overreacting! As soon as we found out we contacted ASD and they were made aware. They immediately started fixing the issue and as of yesterday they had said their site was clear. There are plenty of ways for a site to get malware and it not be malicious. Many years back R2R was affected because of an ad network we were using. Sad to say but it happens and as of early yesterday this was the info I received.

D81E9254-D261-4C0F-9EA7-2169445EAFC3.jpeg

I have been traveling and didn’t realize this thread was even still going or I would have responded. I will also say that ASD is one of the best in the business and we appreciate them as a sponsor of this community. I do not believe for one second they meant for this to happen in any way.

Unless you can show me that their site is still compromised this thread will be closed soon.

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are waaaaaay overreacting! As soon as we found out we contacted ASD and they were made aware. They immediately started fixing the issue and as of yesterday they had said their site was clear. There are plenty of ways for a site to get malware and it not be malicious. Many years back R2R was affected because of an ad network we were using. Sad to say but it happens and as of early yesterday this was the info I received.

D81E9254-D261-4C0F-9EA7-2169445EAFC3.jpeg

I have been traveling and didn’t realize this thread was even still going or I would have responded. I will also say that ASD is one of the best in the business and we appreciate them as a sponsor of this community. I do not believe for one second they meant for this to happen in any way.

Unless you can show me that their site is still compromised this thread will be closed soon.

Transparency sure helps, the vendor or R2R staff making some kind of formal post may help cut down on the imaginations running wild :).

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Transparency sure helps, the vendor or R2R staff making some kind of formal post may help cut down on the imaginations running wild :).

You would think! Ha!

I actually assumed someone had. :( Like I said I have been traveling and had no idea this thread hadn’t been addressed.

My apologies.

Mhart032

Stick Head
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would have been shocked if they had known there was an issue, they are a good vendor and good to to community, there ebay sales stock a lot of our tanks for very cheap vs some. they have always been upfront and quick to correct issues where some you get a shoulder shrug and get told well thats coral never know whats going to make it and whats not. sites get hacked all the time, its not difficult when you know what your doing, as a former sw engineer from Berkeley i know all to well how these things can happen. to put into perspective Yahoo was hacked 20 million cards stolen, heck here is the big one... Microsoft hacked undisclosed accounts effected. these are tech giants that have all the fail safes within their grasps and failed, so let talk about a coral vender and ask.. how can this happen, they should know better, how did they not know.. really?? give them a break.. it happens.

just my .02

ross0201

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You would think! Ha!

I actually assumed someone had. :( Like I said I have been traveling and had no idea this thread hadn’t been addressed.

My apologies.
Might be nice for them to comment on why they never responded to the OP. Doesn't seem like you should have to step in; that's why I'm sketched out. It has a sort of "not our problem" feel to it.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might be nice for them to comment on why they never responded to the OP. Doesn't seem like you should have to step in; that's why I'm sketched out. It has a sort of "not our problem" feel to it.

or a “wow, this person didn’t give us 1 business day to fix the site issue before he started posting online claiming we are scammers and trying to ruin our reputation” feel to it.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well it’s ran it’s course! :)

Start a new thread or PM me if you see their site or another site compromised and we will open this back up and address the sponsor post haste! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 111 42.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 127 48.5%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 24 9.2%
Back