Status
Not open for further replies.

aqua_code

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I'm really not sure where to put this. There's a primary vendor that displays lots of ads on reef2reef, and they are embedding malicious content within their website. I tried contacting the vendor but did not receive a response. Does anyone have any recommendations or can a moderator contact me about this? I just want the community here to be protected from it. I'm not worried about it, because I'm able to protect myself, but am concerned about the data privacy of other members.

Here's a virus scan of the malicious link they are embedding.

Thanks

W1ngz

Failed Padawan
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The vendor is probably not the one actively doing this, more than likely their site was compromised. They are as much a victim as any site visitors.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello,

I'm really not sure where to put this. There's a primary vendor that displays lots of ads on reef2reef, and they are embedding malicious content within their website. I tried contacting the vendor but did not receive a response. Does anyone have any recommendations or can a moderator contact me about this? I just want the community here to be protected from it. I'm not worried about it, because I'm able to protect myself, but am concerned about the data privacy of other members.

Here's a virus scan of the malicious link they are embedding.

Thanks
Seems like the first person to contact would be 'the vendor' - so they can hopefully do something about it?

NanoDJS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are a few , that do it , or are being spoofed, a really MAJOR one who does live sales almost every week , I have noticed runs the scripts only during the live sales , or banners for them , and on their site while the sale is on. I am pretty sure we are talking about the same guys.

Jeeperz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are a few , that do it , or are being spoofed, a really MAJOR one who does live sales almost every week , I have noticed runs the scripts only during the live sales , or banners for them , and on their site while the sale is on. I am pretty sure we are talking about the same guys.
If true, that is messed up and they should be removed or stop the practice. I'm not computer smart at all a rely on honesty that websites do their best to protect our info. There is enough bad in this world

NanoDJS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed and it should be looked into , I would think with the amount of traffic going through this site to it and its own site somebody in their IT would have resolved it by now, or even noticed this is happening at all ? Thats the truly shocking part, it cant be that 2 site members are the only people who ever noticed them PUMPING trojans into peoples comps.For months now, I have caught them EVERY time they try to infect me, since OCT when coming back the this site. They have had at least 10 live sales since then and have one .......................................................................................................................... So just be warned and get a good anti virus.

Jeeperz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed and it should be looked into , I would think with the amount of traffic going through this site to it and its own site somebody in their IT would have resolved it by now, or even noticed this is happening at all ? Thats the truly shocking part, it cant be that 2 site members are the only people who ever noticed them PUMPING trojans into peoples comps.For months now, I have caught them EVERY time they try to infect me, since OCT when coming back the this site. They have had at least 10 live sales since then and have one .......................................................................................................................... So just be warned and get a good anti virus.
What's a good antivirus for a smartphone, Android? That's all I use anymore. I don't need my identity stolen, again. Was a year of nothing but hassles the first time.

OP
OP
aqua_code

aqua_code

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can we get a name of the vendor so I can avoid the site? PM if you don't want it public, but since it's a security issue I think it should be made public.

Jeeperz and sfin52 sent you a PM. I would rather not post publicly. If anyone else wants to PM me until this thread is closed I can send them the site as well. I'm happy to post once it is resolved. As of this moment it is currently not.

Last edited:
OP
OP
aqua_code

aqua_code

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also recommend malwarebytes to everyone who needs good malware protection.

It will block the trojan on this specific vendor. Free for 14 days, but worth it. I use this and ESET smart security.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Please message me so I can reach out to the vendor. Thanks!

Wolf89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jeeperz and sfin52 sent you a PM. I would rather not post publicly. If anyone else wants to PM me until this thread is closed I can send them the site as well. I'm happy to post once it is resolved. As of this moment it is currently not.
I'd like a message so I can avoid the vendor. Thank you

jlts21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just post it. It's a security issue there is no reason to be secretive about it

Jeeperz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aqua code pm'd me and gave a very good reason why they won't post it. If someone else wants to post it, like revhtree, then that is their choice but I agree with aqua code's reasoning.

jlts21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aqua code pm'd me and gave a very good reason why they won't post it. If someone else wants to post it, like revhtree, then that is their choice but I agree with aqua code's reasoning.
pm me the name then. I'd also love to know the reasoning that trumps informing everyone so their identity/personal information is not stolen...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 11 13.6%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 48 59.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 4.9%
Back