OP
OP
Dugless

Dugless

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my mp40s on the back wall as well. What’s your vortech schedule?

I started with MP60s, but couldn't get them above 35-40% without really blowing the sand around (I'm super tempted to try a white bare bottom in any future setups because of this). I currently run the 2 MP40s at 90% in the reefcrest mode, but anti sync. When I had them running in unison the flow would get too low in the lulls of the program. I still get some sand displacement every 2 days, if this wasn't an issue I'd do 100%.

OP
OP
Dugless

Dugless

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is your bulb combo?

I started out with some experimenting to decide which bulb combination and LED settings I liked, everybody's preferences differ. I prefer a mostly white tank with a hint of blue, similar to the MH Radium bulbs. Currently I run P+, B+, A, C+, LED, C+, A, B+, P+. The LEDs run 30-40% in the dusk/dawn cycles and 80-90% in the 7hr daylight period. My LEDs are, 100% Blue, 85% Royal, 60% Violet and 0% White.

I tried a mix of every bulb in my first go around, but I prefer to keep the banks mirrored otherwise you can discern a color difference from one side of the tank to the other. Might not be an issue in a non-peninsula tank though.

38760437105_8bb297550a_b.jpg

OP
OP
Dugless

Dugless

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to be creepy but any chance you might share pics of the whole room? Or how the tank looks with the whole room? I think your house might be the first fish tank setup my wife would approve of lol.

I'll see if I can't get a shot when the room is tidied up a bit. That might require some moons to align however. Haha.

Variant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you say 'A' as a bulb, are you talking the true actinic or aquablue special?

I started out with some experimenting to decide which bulb combination and LED settings I liked, everybody's preferences differ. I prefer a mostly white tank with a hint of blue, similar to the MH Radium bulbs. Currently I run P+, B+, A, C+, LED, C+, A, B+, P+. The LEDs run 30-40% in the dusk/dawn cycles and 80-90% in the 7hr daylight period. My LEDs are, 100% Blue, 85% Royal, 60% Violet and 0% White.

I tried a mix of every bulb in my first go around, but I prefer to keep the banks mirrored otherwise you can discern a color difference from one side of the tank to the other. Might not be an issue in a non-peninsula tank though.

38760437105_8bb297550a_b.jpg

Guttersnipe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I'm running the 36" hybrid Ati power module.

27878559549_0c1f2feaa5_b.jpg

This is the best light ever. I try to tell people who post about looking for a light for their tank and I always recommend this light.
I have the 36 inch four bulb version over my reefer 250 and a 36 inch 8 bulb version over my 90 gallon tank. This light grows anything anywhere in your tank.

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to be creepy but any chance you might share pics of the whole room? Or how the tank looks with the whole room? I think your house might be the first fish tank setup my wife would approve of lol.
I saw the teddy bear and the wall design in the first photo and though maybe it was a nursery or child's room? Which as a mother and a reefer got me pretty excited LOL Love to see more, it looks very nice and the tank set-up is sleek for sure.

OP
OP
Dugless

Dugless

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw the teddy bear and the wall design in the first photo and though maybe it was a nursery or child's room? Which as a mother and a reefer got me pretty excited LOL Love to see more, it looks very nice and the tank set-up is sleek for sure.

The room decor is a product of my wife’s. It took some extreme effort just to convince her the aquarium could be included in the living room. We are space limited in our small apartment.

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The room decor is a product of my wife’s. It took some extreme effort just to convince her the aquarium could be included in the living room. We are space limited in our small apartment.
You have 3 tanks in a small apartment?

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Gotcha! I love the decor, hope that didn’t come across the wrong way... I’ve just seen pictures of swanky nursery set-ups that looked similar and the teddy made me think of them. She can come decorate my house any day... I’m awful with home decor lol

OP
OP
Dugless

Dugless

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotcha! I love the decor, hope that didn’t come across the wrong way... I’ve just seen pictures of swanky nursery set-ups that looked similar and the teddy made me think of them. She can come decorate my house any day... I’m awful with home decor lol

No no, I get it. :) The dots are simply removable vinyl if you were wondering.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 37 52.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.6%
Back