Man Vs Bryopsis - Kent's, Continuum, and Vibrant treatment thread

Mrx7899

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update since doseing 1ml of vibrant on Saturday I have not had to clean my glass which normally would do everyday my water looks a lot clearer but the Bryopsis is still there but looks like some of it is turning clear

OP
OP
stevo01

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update since doseing 1ml of vibrant on Saturday I have not had to clean my glass which normally would do everyday my water looks a lot clearer but the Bryopsis is still there but looks like some of it is turning clear

Yes, same here. Glass is much cleaner, and tank water is crystal clear. Its a noticable difference. I think it will take some time for the Bryopsis to breakdown, but its already breaking down other algae's in the tank.

Joshky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following... I have a bryopsis problem myself, it would be nice to get rid of it finally.

OP
OP
stevo01

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On Their website they say 1 ml 2 times a week for Bryopsis and turf algea

Correct sir. Im using 1ml per 10 gallons (total of 2ml's every 3 days). I havent had to clean my tanks glass since I started using it. I see no ill effects to any of the life. And lastly, (wanted to keep it quiet until im 100% sure) I think the Bryopsis is turning brown, and getting real slimy, but please give me some more time with the treatment to be sure. Thursday night will mark 1 week of using Vibrant in my system. Im keeping a log of this also.

OP
OP
stevo01

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im pretty sure 1 squirt = 1ml. Someone please confirm this, as it is a lot easier to go squirt squirt than to measure out 2ml's every time.

djd3mon

Reefing since 2016!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along. I have been dosing Vibrant 2.5ml two times a week for about 2 weeks now. My hair algae is gone for the most part and my glass is really clearing up . Had minor grunge on the areas I couldn't get the cleaner to.
Ive talked to the owner at Underwater Creations and this is what he sent me on one of my YouTube videos:

"Hey Guys, Jeff Here, I'm the owner of UWC. Just want to give you guys a bit of info on Vibrant. I've spoken with Brian a bit via messenger on Facebook so some of this may seem a bit repetitive. Basically Vibrant works different in everyone's tanks. Some see almost instant results and some systems take longer to rid algaes. Really just depends on what you are battling. If you are dealing with multiple algaes, it will work in phases and rid the less powerful algaes first and work its way up the ladder to the hardest to rid algaes. When working up the ladder it can seem like certain algae strains may take off as they are being fed short term by the algae that is being consumed. We have not come across a algae yet that Vibrant wont rid. We generally say to dose once per week, but if you are dealing with bryopsis or turf algae, you should dose 2 times per week as these are very persistent algaes that do not go down easily and will put up a fight. You can dose every other day but we do not recommend this as your nitrates will be consumed very fast. Below I will list general timelines for algae kill off with vibrant.

Cloudy Water - 1 dose
Diatoms 1-2 doses
Cyano - 3 - 5 doses
Hair Algae - 5 doses (depending on how bad it is)
Turf - 8-20 doses (Depending on how bad it is and what strain of turf it is)
Bryopsis - 6 - 30 doses (Again depending on how bad and what actual strain it is)

So what I'm saying is don't give up. We have helped a ton of people rid their alage issues including a number of people that were at their wits end with their tanks because of bryopsis. Keep dosing and you will see it die off. You have to remember that bryopsis is one of the algaes that people tear their tanks down because they just cant rid it. We had a user who posted a whole video series here on Youtube of him ridding bryopsis with Vibrant. It took him about 2 months but I have never seen a tank so covered in the stuff in my life. To this day, his bryopsis has not returned. Once you win the fight, you know it will be gone for good unless you reintroduce it on a frag or coral. If you guys have any questions, feel free to message us on FB, send us a email or reply here"

djd3mon

Reefing since 2016!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im pretty sure 1 squirt = 1ml. Someone please confirm this, as it is a lot easier to go squirt squirt than to measure out 2ml's every time.

The bottle I have 5 squirts equals roughly 2.5ml - 3ml

at least that is what I get when squirting it into their dosing cup that comes with vibrant

tripdad

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so after reading the above it sounds as if Vibrant "consumes" nitrates? If I am already struggling to keep nitrates in the tank can this be "too fast" of nutrient reduction? Could my nitrates be getting consumed by the Bryopsis so rapidly that my test are "fooled"? I have to use GFO to lower PO4 so I assumed my nitrate readings were correct and tank was nitrate limited as PO4 would not drop. Any thoughts?

OP
OP
stevo01

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The bottle I have 5 squirts equals roughly 2.5ml - 3ml

at least that is what I get when squirting it into their dosing cup that comes with vibrant

I didnt get a dosing cup, maybe I purchased it from amazon. The 8oz bottle came in a bubble wrap bag, and the bottle was locked with tape over the plunger. Sounds like i didnt get the box or cup it comes with, but not a big deal. So you would say 1 squirt = .5ml?

OP
OP
stevo01

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along. I have been dosing Vibrant 2.5ml two times a week for about 2 weeks now. My hair algae is gone for the most part and my glass is really clearing up . Had minor grunge on the areas I couldn't get the cleaner to.
Ive talked to the owner at Underwater Creations and this is what he sent me on one of my YouTube videos:

"Hey Guys, Jeff Here, I'm the owner of UWC. Just want to give you guys a bit of info on Vibrant. I've spoken with Brian a bit via messenger on Facebook so some of this may seem a bit repetitive. Basically Vibrant works different in everyone's tanks. Some see almost instant results and some systems take longer to rid algaes. Really just depends on what you are battling. If you are dealing with multiple algaes, it will work in phases and rid the less powerful algaes first and work its way up the ladder to the hardest to rid algaes. When working up the ladder it can seem like certain algae strains may take off as they are being fed short term by the algae that is being consumed. We have not come across a algae yet that Vibrant wont rid. We generally say to dose once per week, but if you are dealing with bryopsis or turf algae, you should dose 2 times per week as these are very persistent algaes that do not go down easily and will put up a fight. You can dose every other day but we do not recommend this as your nitrates will be consumed very fast. Below I will list general timelines for algae kill off with vibrant.

Cloudy Water - 1 dose
Diatoms 1-2 doses
Cyano - 3 - 5 doses
Hair Algae - 5 doses (depending on how bad it is)
Turf - 8-20 doses (Depending on how bad it is and what strain of turf it is)
Bryopsis - 6 - 30 doses (Again depending on how bad and what actual strain it is)

So what I'm saying is don't give up. We have helped a ton of people rid their alage issues including a number of people that were at their wits end with their tanks because of bryopsis. Keep dosing and you will see it die off. You have to remember that bryopsis is one of the algaes that people tear their tanks down because they just cant rid it. We had a user who posted a whole video series here on Youtube of him ridding bryopsis with Vibrant. It took him about 2 months but I have never seen a tank so covered in the stuff in my life. To this day, his bryopsis has not returned. Once you win the fight, you know it will be gone for good unless you reintroduce it on a frag or coral. If you guys have any questions, feel free to message us on FB, send us a email or reply here"

Thanks a lot for posting this communication from UWC! It would be great to have them chime in on R2R, but this is a good response too. Are you the reefer that posted the youtube videos ive linked on page 9?

Ok, so after reading the above it sounds as if Vibrant "consumes" nitrates? If I am already struggling to keep nitrates in the tank can this be "too fast" of nutrient reduction? Could my nitrates be getting consumed by the Bryopsis so rapidly that my test are "fooled"? I have to use GFO to lower PO4 so I assumed my nitrate readings were correct and tank was nitrate limited as PO4 would not drop. Any thoughts?

Where did you see "nitrates" in that UWC response? Im missing it, and read it several times. Thanks!

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I was alerted to this thread by another user. We are currently setting up sponsorship on R2R. Once this is done, I'll come back and answer any questions you have. We will also start a discussion thread about Vibrant to talk about how it works and hopefully have Vibrant users chime in moving forward.

OP
OP
stevo01

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I was alerted to this thread by another user. We are currently setting up sponsorship on R2R. Once this is done, I'll come back and answer any questions you have. We will also start a discussion thread about Vibrant to talk about how it works and hopefully have Vibrant users chime in moving forward.

Allow me to be the first!
IMG_5133.JPG

Joel B in FL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read through part of this thread earlier today and got really intrigued but the claims Vibrant makes. So I figured I would order a bottle and give it a shot as I am having some issues with algae myself.

I am going to do some additional reading but did not see anything about the actual process for adding. Do you need to turn off your skimmer? What about UV?

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joel, with Vibrant you keep all filtration running as normal. There is no need to discontinue any biological or mechanical filtration. Dosing is 1ml per 10 gallons weekly unless dealing with bryopsis or turf. For these we recommend dosing 1ml per 10 gallons 2x per week.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 42.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 43 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%

Back