Mandarin disappeared...?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bryan47
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Bryan47

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 8, 2014
Messages
659
Reaction score
24
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I don't get to go on here as often with work and all so my apologies for posting 10,000 new topics at once. So about 3 days ago I noticed by green mandarin goby who has been healthy and in the tank for 3 months was not in the tank. He usually swims low and in the back so it's not something I noticed the day he was gone. I just realized I hadn't seen him for a few days and when I started looking I couldn't find him anywhere :( he was a good size I would say near full grown or the size of every other adult mandarin I have seen in tanks. There is nothing big enough in the tank or predatory that would have or could have killed him I don't believe. I know starvation can occur but he had been fine for three months and I can still see pods at night. The weirdest thing is if he did die wouldn't I have seen at least some remnants of him? It's the worst just not knowing what happened to him. I would say he was maybe 4 inches long. Any ideas I would really appreciate
 
Did you check the sump and the floor? could have been a jumper.
 
I did check both. I don't think a mandarin is fast enough to jump and since I use the hang on the back overflow he would have had to fit through like a 1/8 inch slot. He always stayed near the bottom I assume because that's where he would find the pods. He sort of swam slow and gracefully. I just have no clue. Maybe when I move tanks I'll find some type of remnant. Poor guy :(
 
Anemone split and now the two are like the size of a quarter so I wouldn't think they wouldn't be sizable enough to eat him, maybe sting him I'm not sure. I will take another look around the tank.
 
enough pods to support him ? could of died and been eaten by cuc
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new