Mandarin Dragonet impulse buy -- return to store or move to nano tank?

SeaHorseQueen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LFS will give me 50% credit if it's alive and healthy after 72 hours in quarantine. I'm trying to rehome it and am insisting that whoever buys it can provide the proper diet. I don't want this little beauty starving to death.
In the mean time, you can hatch baby brine shrimp and feed him that way. It's super easy to set up and feed. At least then he'll likely go after it and have food in his gut. They're best in 24-48hrs. I like to gut load mine with RN live Phyto-feast after 24hrs.

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
10 days later, I’m curious what the outcome was? did you return it for the discounted credit but the well being of the fish?

corey

apb03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's easier to just get a Biota, which more or less allows you to keep the fish more conventionally.

I keep two, one in my 100G and another in my 25G nano. Biota mandarin ship on the small side, so I think it's best to keep them in a Nano for quite a while before moving them to a larger system.

I don't worry about pods or feeding, they usually get along fine with small particles left over from feeding frozen on top of the pods they pick up.

OP
OP
bitstream

bitstream

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found someone on a local Facebook forum that bought it for a bit less than I paid. They breed copepods and have the ability to keep this cutie fed. So we’re good.

Live and learn. Next time I’ll look before I leap.

King Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dose phytoplankton daily and dont clean your glass for a week . Pods will blow the lid off your aquarium

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 21 13.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 91 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.0%
Back