Mandarin dragonet in a 17 gallon

1epauletteshark

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 29, 2022
Messages
1,123
Reaction score
789
Location
Indonesia, Jakarta
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now hear me out, I am now culturing copepods and phytoplankton and have a hang on refugium and am getting tigriopus pods soon. I am hoping to get a baby mandarin dragonet that would be around 1.5cm long ≈ 0.5 inch and I will only have my tank for 10 months so I don’t think it will get too big. I have found one that allegedly eats frozen and pellets. Would this be at all possible and if so what would I have to do other than what I am already doing to take care of it. Stocking: 1x small yellow banded possum wrasse, 2x baby clownfish, 2 electric blue hermits, BTA, blue tuxedo urchin, 6x nassarius snails, 5x turbo snails, 1x skunk cleaner shrimp, 5x sexy shrimp and 2x pom pom crabs
 
I am just getting into saltwater but I do have experience with finicky eaters from the FW hobby.

I actually would consider getting a white worm culture if you are up to it. It is a very cheap alternative and the movement of the worms is very stimulating to fish in my experience. I know one person who does this and the mandarin does take them. You could hope it does but then again it might not BUT then again it does take pellets. I would rather give something stimulating to my fish.

Try it. Even if it doesn't work, you can feed your other fish with it.
Good idea and thanks, I’ll see if I can but I am not sure she could even eat one with how small she is.
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 32.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new