Mandarin dragonet in a 17 gallon

1epauletteshark

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now hear me out, I am now culturing copepods and phytoplankton and have a hang on refugium and am getting tigriopus pods soon. I am hoping to get a baby mandarin dragonet that would be around 1.5cm long ≈ 0.5 inch and I will only have my tank for 10 months so I don’t think it will get too big. I have found one that allegedly eats frozen and pellets. Would this be at all possible and if so what would I have to do other than what I am already doing to take care of it. Stocking: 1x small yellow banded possum wrasse, 2x baby clownfish, 2 electric blue hermits, BTA, blue tuxedo urchin, 6x nassarius snails, 5x turbo snails, 1x skunk cleaner shrimp, 5x sexy shrimp and 2x pom pom crabs

OP
OP
1epauletteshark

1epauletteshark

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am just getting into saltwater but I do have experience with finicky eaters from the FW hobby.

I actually would consider getting a white worm culture if you are up to it. It is a very cheap alternative and the movement of the worms is very stimulating to fish in my experience. I know one person who does this and the mandarin does take them. You could hope it does but then again it might not BUT then again it does take pellets. I would rather give something stimulating to my fish.

Try it. Even if it doesn't work, you can feed your other fish with it.
Good idea and thanks, I’ll see if I can but I am not sure she could even eat one with how small she is.

Upvote 0

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 13 14.3%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 39 42.9%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 34 37.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back