Manifold for all?

TroyClark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 120 DT with 55 sump. I currently have a Supreme 12b return pump at 900+ gph and numerous (4) smaller pumps feeding 2 dual reactors, a Clearwater turf scrubber and an external 15 gallon container growing chaeto. I want to lower the amount of individual pumps in my sump and clean up the hoses running everywhere..

I have a hang on tank Eshopps dual overflow to sump that works great and is pretty much dialed in with the return pump using a Herbie design.

I have a Jebao dcp-10000 pump that I use for freshwater water changes. Getting rid of all my freshwater fish and want to use the Jebao for a manifold.

Should I use the Jebao for everything or leave the dedicated return pump and manifold the rest of the equipment? Thinking it would best to leave the return pump separate but am open to suggestions from those that utilize a manifold system.

Thanks

Troy

Yates273

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me I am using a Coral box DCA 4000 for my 40 breeder. I have a manifold that is also hooked up to it. According to my apex the main return is at 400 gph. The manifold has 3 fittings. Carbon 40 gph Gfo 50-55 gph and my back Refugium which is at 100 gph. The fittings on the manifold are also adjustable with valves. If your concerned about losing flow by adding a manifold I wouldn’t worry with the size of your pump. I Like having one pump takes up less room. But if you have the room I guess a dedicated pump for just the manifold is not bad.

Kfactor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i would use 2 its much better . if you have one and it dies on you everything fails

Back