Manifold Help - 2 BRS Reactors in other room

nessjosh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I looking to add two BRS reactors into my closed loop that runs into my utility room. Right now my return pump is in my sump in the family room under the tank. It pumps water through 1.25" piping up and over into my utility room. It just makes a loop right now and it goes back near the sump, where it splits off into my return nozzles in my tank.

The reason I did this was so I could toss three large valves onto the loop in the utility room, this would allow me to shut down the loop then open another to drain the loop/sump and then use the 3rd to push water from the mixing station into the sump to fill it for a water change.

I have yet to plumb those valves in - I got that part.

QUESTION of the DAY: how can I add two BRS Reactos (Carbon and Bio Pellets) to the loop in the utility room. I know how to T it off, I'm just not sure if I will get any flow into the manifold for the two reactors since the main loop is so much larger.
Issue #2 I don't want restrict the flow too much of the main loop since its giving the pressure to my return nozzle in my sump. (I have an orange arrow where I might out another valve to slightly divert flow to the manifold.)

Do I T off the input feed line for the Reactors and then have it loop back right to the same side of the main loop, like I have pictured? Or do I make the reactor (drain) line go across to the other side of the loop where the water is exiting the loop and returning up back to the tank, would it even matter? (I think it would matter, b/c when I shut off the main loop with the valve bottom center, flow would still go thru the reactors and the loop wouldn't be shut off fully to the tank from the sump.

tank manifold v1.jpg

Reef-junky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The way that’s set up my guess is won’t work very well could totally be wrong though. I would run separate lines from the reactors rather then trying to push it back in the main line. As the reactors plug your pump speed will drop and you will have to have a valve where the orange arrow is or you will probably just pull a venturi.

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 74 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back