Manifold plumbing

mikem.dvm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted this in the DIY forum but didn't get any replies. Maybe someone here has some ideas?

I bought a second return pump to run a manifold. I currently have a single return pump and then several smaller pumps running to a chaeto reactor, GFO/ Carbon reactor, and UV sterilizer. I looked at different set ups and can see the manifold plumbed off the return pump or second pump but my question is how people plumb the return lines from all the reactors back into the system. Dumping it back into the sump is the easiest but decreases efficiency to some degree since the sump water will be recycled through the reactors more than the display tank water. Are others running the returns directly back into the display? can then be plumbed into a single line and back into the main Display return. I know that would be tricky since the pressure has to be sufficient but curious if anyone has done it?

HankstankXXL750

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I would think you could. What I have done is place my second pump in an earlier chamber of my sump and have it discharge right before the return chamber. I feel that is sufficient to let the reacted water return to the display and draw in non treated water to run through the UV skimmer etc.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 42 85.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 6.1%
Back