Manjano?

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I've heard of file fish eating aiptasia but never a mojano.

My holding tanks were infested with aiptasia and I was able to source a file fish that took care of the problem. He is great but I recently caught him "disassembling" my small hermits. He will be banned to the fuge once I build the new setup and used only is something was to pop out of the rock work.

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Interesting.

Not all specimen are guaranteed and it depends where they are collected so mileage may vary

It took me 3 tries to buy a filefish that would even look at aiptasia; the last one was bought from a guy going out of hobby and he guaranteed it will devour it; he wasn't kidding!

ether

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had some of these, luckily in one spot in the tank, and was told that nothing eats them, you need to superglue/kalk paste inject/etc to get rid of them.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These can get out of hand in an aquarium while you try a file fish it is not their natural diet so it is hit or miss with them. Lasers might make you think you are killing them up they just show back up in a short time.
best in tank is to get peppermint shrimps. Don't know your size tank but 6 to 8 of them in a 50 gallon tank can knock out aptasia is a short period of time and can totally remove them from the aquarium.
Using items like kalk paste and chemicals will not totally eliminate the issue as they can grow back from a small piece of tissue. An like rust they never sleep just keep multiplying.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 35.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 36 30.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back