OP
OP
MantisReef

MantisReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@MantisReef congrats on the ROTM! I'm not a big SPS guy, but you have an INCREDIBLE tank and take equally incredible photos. I'm blown away by the colors, the size of your colonies, the sheer amount of coral, and how well and almost natural everything flows together. You have a great eye. I feel like a lot of SPS dominant tanks, even the nicer ones, are just a bunch of colorful sticks mashed together, but you have a very nice flow/mix of corals. And I love the torches and tabling acros. Your frag tank looks nicer than 99% of the DTs I see.

Can't wait to see the gear/filtration room, once it's organized, I always like to see how people with successful tanks set everything up, especially since your approach seems relatively "simple" compared to some other approaches that are popular today.
Thanks you for your amazingly observant and kind words. Like I said in my Tank of the Month write-up for me Reef Keeping is the perfect blend of Art and Science. I come from a very artistic family and I used to paint a lot. As this tank has progressed, the creation and upkeep has become my primary Artistic expression. Everything you observed about my display is always at the front of my mind, a goal if you will that I never feel I can reach.

drukkosz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank Brad. Well deserved ROTM!!! We are all excited to see your basement set up when you finish your renovations. ! See you at the LEAR, Now I have to go and reserve something from you ;)

Brian-222

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How high above your water line are your lights hung? This tank is truly amazing!
These are my levels for my Icon’s on the 400 gallon display tank.
Lights on 11am
12pm. Ch. 3,4,5. 20%
2pm Ch.1 10%. Ch.2 35% Ch.3,4,5 60% Ch.6 45%
6pm. Ch.1 25% Ch.2 50% Ch.3,4,5 75% Ch.6 60%
10pm Ch.1 10% Ch.2 35% Ch.3,4,5 60% Ch. 6 45%
11pm Ch.3,4,5 35%
Lights off 12pm

Arthacker87

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought from him and his wife and got to say, amazing corals and health and thr color isn't just in video, it pops like that in real life. You and you're wife were awesome thanks again!! Great prices also. HIGHLY RECCOMEND.

r2odie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, incredibly beautiful tank! I saw in this thread your lighting schedule & am curious if you’ve used this schedule for awhile or if you’ve had to change it much?
My tank is 120” x 26” x 29” custom made by Miracles Aquariums in Canada & I have 4 orphek icons. I currently run the Helius light schedule but think your schedule may work better for me. I’m just starting to get some corals.

Attachments

• IMG_1197.jpeg
    IMG_1197.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 33
OP
OP
MantisReef

MantisReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I'm still using the schedule that was posted earlier on the display. I run Helius on the frag tank, but that tank has 4 OR3 bars, 2 Sky, 2 Blue Plus for coral pop.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 131 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 15 6.7%
Back