Mantis' 400 Gallon Pennisula Reef

Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO
I have been starting to get ready for Frag Swap Season,
Football and Frag Swaps always something to look forward to in the Fall.

52266707915_643c44342f_c.jpg


52266241593_61634b31fb_c.jpg
 
I have big news to share here at Mantis Reef, I purchased a new camera and have been taking pictures all week.

I got a Cannon EOS R with a Cannon RF 35mm Macro lens after taking the advice from Reefing buddy @FarmerTy, thank you very much Ty for the recommendation.

I'm looking at a Cannon RF 100mm macro lens as well, and that will be my next purchase when I recover from purchasing the camera body.

This new camera, along with my underwater dive camera make a perfect combination for capturing great Reef photos. Only limitation now will be me and photographic skills.

Anyway that's enough talking, now it's time for some pictures.

52464855789_3663b58601_c.jpg


52465042515_268fc2646e_c.jpg
 
I have big news to share here at Mantis Reef, I purchased a new camera and have been taking pictures all week.

I got a Cannon EOS R with a Cannon RF 35mm Macro lens after taking the advice from Reefing buddy @FarmerTy, thank you very much Ty for the recommendation.

I'm looking at a Cannon RF 100mm macro lens as well, and that will be my next purchase when I recover from purchasing the camera body.

This new camera, along with my underwater dive camera make a perfect combination for capturing great Reef photos. Only limitation now will be me and photographic skills.

Anyway that's enough talking, now it's time for some pictures.

52464855789_3663b58601_c.jpg


52465042515_268fc2646e_c.jpg
Just fantastic bud! You make me want to reinvest time in my display again!
 
Absolutely Beautiful Reef.

May I ask what you keep your water parameters at?
 
Target Water Parameters:
Temp. 77-78 F.
Salinity 1.026
pH 7.7-8.2
Alk. 9.0-9.4 dKh
Cal. 440-450 ppm
Mag. 1350 ppm
PO4 .03-.05
NO3 0-1 ppm
 
Target Water Parameters:
Temp. 77-78 F.
Salinity 1.026
pH 7.7-8.2
Alk. 9.0-9.4 dKh
Cal. 440-450 ppm
Mag. 1350 ppm
PO4 .03-.05
NO3 0-1 ppm
Do you dose any additional additives? Trace elements? Aminos? How about water changes?
 
Do you dose any additional additives? Trace elements? Aminos? How about water changes?
@MantisReef

I’m really curious about this as well. Do you carbon dose or use biopellets? What do you dose to your tank that gives you all those incredible colors?
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new