Mantis Shrimp in Action (video).

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dom
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Cool video!
 
No. I'm sorry if my post caused people to believe it was mine. I just found it interesting and wanted to share.
No worries! I was just curious, that's a cool spud for sure!
 
and that's why I don't want one in my tank! Pretty incredible to watch and they are stunning to look at.
 
I love the colors! I wouldn't mind having one.
I kept a small Neogonodactulus wennerae for some time that came with some live rock, and it was interesting for sure. But the one in the video is a peacock mantis, Odontodactylus scyllarus, and arguably the granddaddy of all the mantids. From the size to the colors to their intelligence and hunting habits; very cool critters for sure. I'd like to have one of these some day, but they require about a 40 gallon tank, and I don't know that I can justify having a 40 gallon for just one animal in my small house.
 
Are you looking to get one?

Initially, no. But they are interesting and I'm getting serious about a mantis shrimp build.

One thing at a time, tho... still dealing with an unhealthy tank that is on the bounce back and want to keep my attention on that for now.
 
I’ve had a separate tank with a mantis, so interesting to watch. I left a hitchhiker mantis in my 300g because they’re just so cool. I’ll have to replace the clean up crew here and there, but it be never had a small smasher eat a fish if there’s snails and hermits around.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new