Aparker2005

Aparker2005

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How's he looking/ acting today?
Lights came on a bit ago. I mostly left the qt tank with moonlights on. It's swimming mostly in one place, just kinda there basically. Occasionally, I've seen it act like it's terrified and will do a quick circle like something is attacking it, but the 2 small clowns stay on the other side of the tank. Still alive though.

There is aiptasia for it, and I threw it a fresh clam, but no signs of eating yet.

OP
OP
Aparker2005

Aparker2005

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick picture today with the lights on brighter
20240325_153137.jpg

I never finish anythi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And here it is in qt. Not panicking now, but just kinda looking around swimming. Dropped it a clam in just in case it wants to try to eat. There's a few aips in here too hopefully it'll nip on if it's not too late

20240324_163517.jpg
His tail looks a little beat up in this photo. Hope it pulls through!

OP
OP
Aparker2005

Aparker2005

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same he but looks worse . Maybe it's just the picture tho
Yeah I noticed it's tail. It's not as bad in this picture, just the angle. It looks like a little piece, but I wonder if it could be from all of its panicking?

I've been watching our clowns in the 125 and they kinda chase off anything that gets near their toadstool. I wonder if they nipped the marginalis one time and that was all it took for it to freak out? It was staying over there by them a lot looking for food.

That's what would happen to our copperbands. One wrong look from a fish and they were done.

The clowns in the 20 haven't had this behavior at all. Still hoping it pulls through and it's not just a prolonged starving death

I never finish anythi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I noticed it's tail. It's not as bad in this picture, just the angle. It looks like a little piece, but I wonder if it could be from all of its panicking?

I've been watching our clowns in the 125 and they kinda chase off anything that gets near their toadstool. I wonder if they nipped the marginalis one time and that was all it took for it to freak out? It was staying over there by them a lot looking for food.

That's what would happen to our copperbands. One wrong look from a fish and they were done.

The clowns in the 20 haven't had this behavior at all. Still hoping it pulls through and it's not just a prolonged starving death
I hope it pulls through mate . Keep us updated. Was thinking of getting a cbb , but not to sure anymore.

OP
OP
Aparker2005

Aparker2005

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just saw one of the clowns in the qt nip at its tail. Should I just move it back to the 125 since it's been treated with one dose of prazi, more options for food, and hope for the best? I feel there isn't much either tank is gonna give it to save it at this point anyway?

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just saw one of the clowns in the qt nip at its tail. Should I just move it back to the 125 since it's been treated with one dose of prazi, more options for food, and hope for the best? I feel there isn't much either tank is gonna give it to save it at this point anyway?
I feel like moving the marginallis is a very bad idea at this point, maybe move the clowns?

OP
OP
Aparker2005

Aparker2005

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree, it needs to settle in, any way you can separate it from the clowns side?
Not really. I had the clowns in the 125 at one time. They were fine for 3 months and then the little orange one decided it wanted to be a part of the pair in the main display and seemed like it was trying to fight, so we separated them. Almost wonder if it would be okay to try again.

It was mostly just a little peck like it was tasting it or something, didn't come off as aggressive, but I know these butterflies are extremely sensitive.

Marginalis is definitely breathing rapidly still and looks bad. Before I moved it yesterday, it did pick at food Saturday night. Sunday was when it really went downhill.

OP
OP
Aparker2005

Aparker2005

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went to check on it this morning and it was in the back corner on its side, dead I thought.

I went to get it out and it kicked up and started swimming. Seems like it's just a prolonged death unfortunately. I think it's too far gone to start trying to eat, but maybe something will change

OP
OP
Aparker2005

Aparker2005

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gone officially. It had dark patches all over it that I hadn't seen on a fish before. Bruises from crashing into do much stuff or disease?

I'm so torn on trying one more from a different supplier or just realizing these are just not for us and be happy with our yellow longnose

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 112 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back