OP
Aparker2005

Aparker2005

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
totally agree. For sensitive fish like CBB, Regal angel, and some of the wrasses, this is the best way to acclimated them.
I have a qt system setup right now. We haven't gotten any new fish in a long time and this qt tank has live rock with gsp growing on it, plus some aiptasia. It's also home to a pair of clowns that started fighting our main pair in the community tank.

Would it be worth moving it to this system for a bit or no? Feel like I'd stress it even more in such a small tank

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is mine. Eatting in peace with a small Convict tang, acting as a dither fish to get the CBB comfortable and eating. Dither fish can be any non agressive fish that is feeding well. When the dither fish agressively go after the food, it will get your QT fish get excited and go after the food also.
IMG_1615.jpeg
IMG_1570.jpeg

OP
OP
Aparker2005

Aparker2005

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Moved to the qt. It acted panicked for a few minutes and layed on its side. Got back up swimming and is just acting like it's terrified of it's own shadow. It was just swimming in place in the display. No more picking on rocks or attempting to eat.

I have some prazi pro but that's really the only medicine I have. Hopefully it settles down and will eat, but I think it's a goner.

If this one dies, I'm completely done with this type of fish. They're just not worth the trouble and frustration.

OP
OP
Aparker2005

Aparker2005

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And here it is in qt. Not panicking now, but just kinda looking around swimming. Dropped it a clam in just in case it wants to try to eat. There's a few aips in here too hopefully it'll nip on if it's not too late

20240324_163517.jpg

OP
OP
Aparker2005

Aparker2005

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got home and it seems much more settled down, but hasn't touched the clam yet. I'll get the lights down some. Hopefully it's strong enough to start eating

OP
OP
Aparker2005

Aparker2005

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Appreciate everyone's input. Just checked it again and it looks rough. Don't expect it to live past the next day or two. Absolutely frustrating

DMG Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Appreciate everyone's input. Just checked it again and it looks rough. Don't expect it to live past the next day or two. Absolutely frustrating

Have you treated it for flukes? I’ve gotten 2 butterflies in the last 3 months and both had flukes. You mentioned that you have Prazipro. I did 2 rounds of prazi and the butterflies did great. I would try dosing it just in case.

OP
OP
Aparker2005

Aparker2005

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you treated it for flukes? I’ve gotten 2 butterflies in the last 3 months and both had flukes. You mentioned that you have Prazipro. I did 2 rounds of prazi and the butterflies did great. I would try dosing it just in case.
I did dose it just in case, but it's looking worse. Here's to hoping it pulls through

OP
OP
Aparker2005

Aparker2005

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a seachem tidal filter on this qt tank. Found it stuck to the skimmer this morning, but breathing. Moved it and it started swimming like normal. Hoping it was just asleep but not looking good still

djf91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big are the display and QT? Looks a little crowded in there, lots of pacing too.

jtf74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get yourself some live blackworms. My cbb went right after those. I ordered a bunch and fed them to him for months until I ran out and by then he was already eating frozen very well. Also these fish IMO should always be QT'd in an established tank free from competition until they eat reliably so moving it out was the right choice.

jtf74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a seachem tidal filter on this qt tank. Found it stuck to the skimmer this morning, but breathing. Moved it and it started swimming like normal. Hoping it was just asleep but not looking good still
Didn't see this b4 recommending live worms. May be to late for that

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 122 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.6%
Back