Maricultured toech coral

juansand5498

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought a maricultured torch coral and i need tips on its care. I have and kept torch corals. But every single frag that ive kept that was maricultured died on me less then 3 days. I've only had success with aquacultured torch corals but no maricultured so please send me some tips.

Fishology

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the thing you need to know is they have a skeleton, which is like what the snail shells are made of. And you need, Calcium and the other trace element to keep them alive. So what you do is just search for saltwater aquarium trace element, and give it to the corals based on the instructions

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought a maricultured torch coral and i need tips on its care. I have and kept torch corals. But every single frag that ive kept that was maricultured died on me less then 3 days. I've only had success with aquacultured torch corals but no maricultured so please send me some tips.
There is no difference in care regarding aquacultured or maricultured coral, with exception to lighting. Newly acquired maricultured coral go through a lot of stress, and are often moved very quickly from ocean to your tank. Lower lighting is required due to the stress. Usually a par of around 75. But I suggest letting them sit in the retailers tank for a few weeks to let them deal with the losses, rather than give them your money for a coral that may not make it.

Last edited:

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back