• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Marine Collectors Review

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Klyle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I wanted to post my recent experience with Marine Collectors as I wasn’t able to find many reviews. I am over just buying a fish and hoping it isn’t sick. Last time I did qt myself, and after two months of water changes, etc, I messed up and killed two of the three fish in qt. After hearing about Marine Collectors and checking out their inventory, I decided $150+ per fish would be worth it if they survived the transport and didn’t bring diseases into my system. I ordered 3 fish to get me over the $500 minimum for free shipping. So I placed the order and waited. After a couple of weeks I was contacted by MC and they said an issue had surfaced during the qt, and my order would be delayed due to their policy of 14 days / symptom free. (I think it is 14 days but I’m not sure) Either way, I appreciated the update and didn’t mind. When the wait was over, I was contacted and told that two of the three were ready, but the third had died so it would take a couple weeks to get a replacement. I asked them if they would go ahead and ship the two and the third one when it was ready. They did, however i had to pay for shipping on the third when it was ready. (This kinda sucked but i get it and again, if everything arrived healthy and lived, to me the price was worth it) So long story short, I did get the two fish first, then the third a couple weeks later. The fish were a helfrichi firefish and lawnmower blenny and the third was a royal gramma. They all arrived healthy and looking great. The transport was around 12 hours, so I just floated to acclimate temp then immediately introduced to tank. (They ship at 1.025) Within an hour of introduction, they were all eating like pigs. This was a month ago and i have had zero issues since. Over all I am extremely happy with my purchase and the communication I received from MC during the process. I still think making me pay for shipping for the third fish kinda sucked, but it is what it is. If I had a bigger tank, Id definitely be ordering more from them!

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 66 32.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back