Marine DX 90.3 lighting

hockeyhilite

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering since I have an extra Hydra 32 should I just get another Hydra 32 or should I return the hydra 32 and get two Reef 16?

fishski13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the 90.3x is 36 inches long and I beleive a hydras coverage is 24x24 inches. So it looks like you are short changed on spread. Depending on what coral you want to do and budget, you can either get another hydra to make it two, probably better if you are doing more sps, but if not you can get two ai prime 16s which also have a 24x24 inch spread and will just be alittle more than the cost of my hydra. This might be a more budget friendly option if you are doing a softy/lps tank.

OP
OP
H

hockeyhilite

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the 90.3x is 36 inches long and I beleive a hydras coverage is 24x24 inches. So it looks like you are short changed on spread. Depending on what coral you want to do and budget, you can either get another hydra to make it two, probably better if you are doing more sps, but if not you can get two ai prime 16s which also have a 24x24 inch spread and will just be alittle more than the cost of my hydra. This might be a more budget friendly option if you are doing a softy/lps tank.
Thank you for your answer

JaaxReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just get one of the the AI blades for extra light to pair with the Hydra. You’ll get great coverage and deal with less shadows. I think they’ll come out with a mount that attaches it to the Hydra in time as well.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 33 20.0%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 124 75.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.6%
Back