Marine ICH outbreak - help needed!!

Aoife14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 14 gallon tank with one Teddy Puffer. We have an outbreak of marine ICH and Unfortunately we lost our 2 clowns and royal gramma.

We increased the temperature to 27 degrees, treated the tank using eSHa oodinex (day 1: 14 drops, day 2/3: 7 drops) but unfortunately our puffer seems to be getting worse. We are unsure what to do next as this is our first ever outbreak of ICH in a marine tank. Should I continue using the eSHa treatment even after the 3 days?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/P4rXocPYtgucGoHd9

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try hypo salinity . Is there any way you can get him into a quarantine tank to treat with copper ?? If there is not other inhabitants in the tank you can’t put him back for at least 2 1/2 -3 months to let the life cycle of the ick to die out without a host

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 14 gallon tank with one Teddy Puffer. We have an outbreak of marine ICH and Unfortunately we lost our 2 clowns and royal gramma.

We increased the temperature to 27 degrees, treated the tank using eSHa oodinex (day 1: 14 drops, day 2/3: 7 drops) but unfortunately our puffer seems to be getting worse. We are unsure what to do next as this is our first ever outbreak of ICH in a marine tank. Should I continue using the eSHa treatment even after the 3 days?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/P4rXocPYtgucGoHd9
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

I’ve not used oodinex, but the ingredients are not really good at treating marine ich, especially at low doses.

Raising the water temperature is a treatment for freshwater ich, it actually makes marine ich worse.

Once fish loss has occurred due to ich, it is often not possible to stop the infection fast enough to keep additional fish from dying.

Are there invertebrates in the tank? If not, hyposalinity, as mentioned, would be an option.

Jay

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back