Jerry Ebner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a combo of see bellow 24x24
Frameless Cube Corner-Flo Aquarium
Ventura Aquarium Stands
Anyone have this setup as I need to find a sump to fit in this stand? I wanted to do my research before I get the tank later this week.
Little to no info on it here on the web
I may have to just wait until it arrives before I pull the trigger on a sump for my 60-gallon cube tank will just have to sit until I put eyes on it.
Maybe I will get lucky someone has this tank and stand from Marineland already.

DSmithZ28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made the purchase already and i wanted the warranty with using their stuff.
You can still get a warranty. Call their customer service and submit your plans to them. They will approve and honor their warranty. I did the same thing with a welded custom stand I made.

pecan2phat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was also looking at the same setup but was concerned about the open top stand for a rimless tank.

ReefQueen

Amphiprion Admirer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with not using their stand, mine started falling apart less then a year after I set it up. After emailing pics and giving them some info they basically told me I was SOL, so I am bitter about it lol. I know a few people who have had issues and were refunded, and a few other who, like me, were not even though the warranty should have covered it. Refund or no, do you really want to have to tear down and reset up the tank to replace a shoddy stand? As for your sump question I used a 15 gallon that I added baffles to. It worked, but I had always wished I went another way, it had to hang out the back of the stand a little. I had the 45 cube, but it has the same footprint as the 60. I know eshopps makes a cube sump that fits well in the stand, so that may be worth looking into.

pecan2phat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What threw me off was that rimless tanks usually need a leveling mat to sit on the bottom and you cannot do this with the Ventura stands because it's only framed and not a solid top.

DSmithZ28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What threw me off was that rimless tanks usually need a leveling mat to sit on the bottom and you cannot do this with the Ventura stands because it's only framed and not a solid top.
That is correct. I used 1-1/2 inch square tube with a 3/4 inch plywood on top. I then used a black yoga matt 1/4 inch foam under the 93 rimless Cube I have.

OP
OP
Jerry Ebner

Jerry Ebner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with not using their stand, mine started falling apart less then a year after I set it up. After emailing pics and giving them some info they basically told me I was SOL, so I am bitter about it lol. I know a few people who have had issues and were refunded, and a few other who, like me, were not even though the warranty should have covered it. Refund or no, do you really want to have to tear down and reset up the tank to replace a shoddy stand? As for your sump question I used a 15 gallon that I added baffles to. It worked, but I had always wished I went another way, it had to hang out the back of the stand a little. I had the 45 cube, but it has the same footprint as the 60. I know eshopps makes a cube sump that fits well in the stand, so that may be worth looking into.

Thanks, I will have to see it once I get it here. Its all special order and I already own it I will look it over maybe they improved it (crossing fingers)when did you purchase it? I am alarmed that it seems a few had the issues when I searched the reviews only one mentioned any trouble and many others say they liked it. I don't know how to weld or have the equipment so may have to make something out of wood I will have to see how it looks when it arrives and think about it. thanks for your reply as maybe I just now own a 250 pc of furniture at the worst end.

OP
OP
Jerry Ebner

Jerry Ebner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was also looking at the same setup but was concerned about the open top stand for a rimless tank.
I wasn't because they suggested that stand works with that tank. But I am somewhat worried now none of my LFS carried this so I had to special order and pay for it so I own it like it or not.

ReefQueen

Amphiprion Admirer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I will have to see it once I get it here. Its all special order and I already own it I will look it over maybe they improved it (crossing fingers)when did you purchase it? I am alarmed that it seems a few had the issues when I searched the reviews only one mentioned any trouble and many others say they liked it. I don't know how to weld or have the equipment so may have to make something out of wood I will have to see how it looks when it arrives and think about it. thanks for your reply as maybe I just now own a 250 pc of furniture at the worst end.

Just because you already payed for it, doesn't mean you can't return it;) I think I set that tank up towards the end of 2015, I want to say November, and I had it torn down around August 2016. I loved the dimensions of that tank though. It is totally possible that they have upgraded the quality of their stand, in fact I remember thinking that it looked like a nice solid stand with a good finish when I first got it. Then after a few months it didn't look so nice, the finish chips off verrry easily, and a few months after that the front left side started to warp. Again these issues could have been resolved on their end, and it is your tank, so it's your call. I just like to give my personal experience when I see others getting these tanks and stands.

JBKReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe the tank you ordered is the same that BRS is doing their ULM tests on right now. They did not have the corner overflow but they used the stock stand. Check out their videos for some tips.

I have the marineland 93 cube and had my soon to be father in law build a raiser for me because there simply was not enough room for the equiment in the stock stand. Looking back I wish I would have gone completly custom.

OP
OP
Jerry Ebner

Jerry Ebner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe the tank you ordered is the same that BRS is doing their ULM tests on right now. They did not have the corner overflow but they used the stock stand. Check out their videos for some tips.

I have the marineland 93 cube and had my soon to be father in law build a raiser for me because there simply was not enough room for the equiment in the stock stand. Looking back I wish I would have gone completly custom.
Yeah, they used standard tank I don't have experience drilling a tank so I went with the setup version.. I think BRS is going with the 90-gallon version. But thanks for reminding me so I can watch those again.

-XENOMORPH-

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_20180202_072931.jpg
only sump I could fit is a 10 gallon underneath. Sigh.... Better than nothing.

HairyGary

Why do all your fish look like trout?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've seen an Eschopps cube sump under a 60 rimless stand. I just built my own stand for my new 93 rimless.

OP
OP
Jerry Ebner

Jerry Ebner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just because you already payed for it, doesn't mean you can't return it;) I think I set that tank up towards the end of 2015, I want to say November, and I had it torn down around August 2016. I loved the dimensions of that tank though. It is totally possible that they have upgraded the quality of their stand, in fact I remember thinking that it looked like a nice solid stand with a good finish when I first got it. Then after a few months it didn't look so nice, the finish chips off verrry easily, and a few months after that the front left side started to warp. Again these issues could have been resolved on their end, and it is your tank, so it's your call. I just like to give my personal experience when I see others getting these tanks and stands.

I think after all of this the stand isn't up to par.
Might just do DIY stand. I got all my equipment just can't pull the trigger on finishing it. For me, the overhang right to left is right on the seams. Front to back is good. Now I am doing what I should have done is done DIY so I can use and have plenty of sump room for the equipment I got. You are the 5th person to tell me to avoid that stand like a plague one guy showed me in a video as his stand broke and he just couldn't sweat it any longer before the tank busted.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 64 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 34.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back