Marineland tank and stand

ReefQueen

Amphiprion Admirer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think after all of this the stand isn't up to par.
Might just do DIY stand. I got all my equipment just can't pull the trigger on finishing it. For me, the overhang right to left is right on the seams. Front to back is good. Now I am doing what I should have done is done DIY so I can use and have plenty of sump room for the equipment I got. You are the 5th person to tell me to avoid that stand like a plague one guy showed me in a video as his stand broke and he just couldn't sweat it any longer before the tank busted.

Good call! Now you can make the stand exactly how you want it and sturdy enough to last for years.:)

Toddp65

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good call! Now you can make the stand exactly how you want it and sturdy enough to last for years.:)
I have the same setup for nearly 3 years and the stand has been great.
I was able to fit a 20 high beneath it and it hangs out the back by an inch or so.
e3de28fbbdb3bd80c1b4eff2e75cf8d3.jpg

OP
OP
Jerry Ebner

Jerry Ebner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same setup for nearly 3 years and the stand has been great.
I was able to fit a 20 high beneath it and it hangs out the back by an inch or so.
e3de28fbbdb3bd80c1b4eff2e75cf8d3.jpg
Just moving the stand I noticed part of it is cracked and I never put water in it yet. Going to stay with the DIY stand. I know it wasn't damaged when I put it in place so must have split when I moved the stand by it's self the whole inside is real cheap.. but I'm glad yours is doing good.

Airwarf

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good. I'm a little late to this thread for advice but good choice on the sump. I have the same tank/sump combo and they fit very well together. I'm glad you decided to DIY the stand. The Ventura only having a front door would've been torture for maintenance.

The only thing I want to comment about is the thickness of foam you have under the tank. It could totally be fine but personally it makes me nervous. I'd use something like 1/8" neoprene. You can get it pretty cheap on amazon.

OP
OP
Jerry Ebner

Jerry Ebner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good. I'm a little late to this thread for advice but good choice on the sump. I have the same tank/sump combo and they fit very well together. I'm glad you decided to DIY the stand. The Ventura only having a front door would've been torture for maintenance.

The only thing I want to comment about is the thickness of foam you have under the tank. It could totally be fine but personally it makes me nervous. I'd use something like 1/8" neoprene. You can get it pretty cheap on amazon.
The pad was the toughest part. Some people say the 1/8 pad is good and bad. Foam size was limited to what lowes/home depot had.
Thanks for the reply.

HairyGary

Why do all your fish look like trout?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks good. Additionally, I would steer away from the metal hose clamps and use plastic clamps (BRS has them online) or you could ziptie them.

OP
OP
Jerry Ebner

Jerry Ebner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking about leaving this stand open. But I am starting to think maybe I will skin the back and two sides with Thin Plywood (painted) held on with magnets so I could remove it as I want vs screws. Anyone have any experience with that on how to do that ? the magnets at home depot look weak might need tons of them for even thin plywood. Might have to leave it open as I don't want to make it always attached. Velcro seemed interested but people say after 3-6 months it pulls away.
Any advice is great so comment away. In a few weeks I plan to fill the tank. with rock and sand.
I already did a leak test and it works fine.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 29.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 36.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%

Back