Marinepure cubes or block

ReeferSteve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for opinions on marinepure. I’m in the process of setting up a new sump on my current build and can’t decide if I want to go with the cubes or block in the fuge. When I bought the tank the guy gave me a huge block of it that he had in his sump (freshwater setup) and it seems really brittle, I don’t know how long it had been in there but the thing will crumble in your fingers if you mess with it. Is that common with the block?

JoshO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen a few things about marinepure breaking down and releasing chemicals over time (can't remember the specifics) but it's pushed me towards Maxspect Nano-Tech bio spheres as they supposedly don't degrade and release any Chems. They come in blocks too. If I can find the research I'll post it here

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good for surface area...I would go with cubes or balls. Provides more options. Other than more surface are in your tank (which is debatable on actual need if nitrate removal isn't a thing anymore) , I think the small size would be more beneficial for seeding other tanks and pod population.

OP
OP
ReeferSteve

ReeferSteve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen a few things about marinepure breaking down and releasing chemicals over time (can't remember the specifics) but it's pushed me towards Maxspect Nano-Tech bio spheres as they supposedly don't degrade and release any Chems. They come in blocks too. If I can find the research I'll post it here
They would be great, thank you.

I’ll look at the Maxspect block.

OP
OP
ReeferSteve

ReeferSteve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know how I wasn’t aware of the coralvue stuff but thank you for telling me about it. It seems great and the price point is even better. I just ordered a 4lb box of the spheres.

Back