Marks on Damsel

jlauck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know if this is a disease or if this damsel got into it with my newly added foxface. All fish were quarantined before adding (copper power, general cure, metroplex, prazi pro). I added the foxface into the tank last night and the damsel started charging him shortly thereafter. I don't know if he got stung, or if this is something I somehow missed still attached to the foxface. I'm getting ready to try to net him out and get him back into my quarantine tank.

IMG_6512.JPEG

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Odd that the lesion is on both sides of the fish - you would expect a simple injury to only be on one side...

Just because of the shape of the lesions, and them being on both sides of the fish, I wanted to share this article:

Jay

OP
OP
jlauck

jlauck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I will continue to monitor. I tried for a good hour to get him netted and could not. I will try again later. I don't want to stress everyone else in the tank out if I don't need to.

OP
OP
jlauck

jlauck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just posting an update. I think it was injury. Almost two weeks later, and no other fish have shown any signs of issues. It's pretty much completely healed up at this point as well.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 18.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 45 52.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.4%
Back