OP
OP
M&M

M&M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is awesome! What size is that tank? I am loving the look, but I would be so afraid of the brackets ripping out of the wall lol. How did you have them secured?
This is Mr. Aqua 12 gal. long , when full it was about 140 Ibs. , each bracket is rated 100 Ibs, secured directly to studs in wall with 3 screws rated 50Ibs each. So it was more then enough to hold this tank. It was holding without a problem for more then 6 months, before I move its contents in my existing tank.

ludnix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful video of the tank, and what a great room to enjoy it in. I rarely get to see a NPS tank that I would enjoy looking at as much as a reef but I think you've easily met that goal!

ReefQueen

Amphiprion Admirer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is Mr. Aqua 12 gal. long , when full it was about 140 Ibs. , each bracket is rated 100 Ibs, secured directly to studs in wall with 3 screws rated 50Ibs each. So it was more then enough to hold this tank. It was holding without a problem for more then 6 months, before I move its contents in my existing tank.
Oh I see, that tank looks so much bigger in the pics lol. I really like the shape though:)

OP
OP
M&M

M&M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful video of the tank, and what a great room to enjoy it in. I rarely get to see a NPS tank that I would enjoy looking at as much as a reef but I think you've easily met that goal!
Thank you, I find something really mysterious and peaceful about deep water NPS environment, my goal was to try to replicate on small scale in my aquarium.

Stunning..... a great system ....
Thank you

Absolutely beautiful. Great job!
Thank you

Beautiful! I LOVE my suncorals and dendros, when they all open it is specatcular! Nice tank!
I have my fat head dendros with me more then 5 years now, I used to be in SPS game for a while and even had my tank featured here, but I can say I love my Dendros and Suns as well, so I made switch to NPS and don't regret it. :)

OP
OP
M&M

M&M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NPS corals.jpg
NPS corals2.jpg
NPS corals3.jpg

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank and inhabitants! What are you feeding? Do you target feed all of those hungry mouths??

OP
OP
M&M

M&M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank and inhabitants! What are you feeding? Do you target feed all of those hungry mouths??

I feed different frozen and dry foods. For suns and dendros frozen mysis, brine shrimp, krill, etc., as those like more meaty foods. I target feed once a day, every day. For gorgonians and other filter feeders I feed special formulated dry foods like reef roids, coral frenzy, reef pearls, etc., also liquid like oyster feast, roti feast, phyto feast. I target most of gorgonians twice a day, if I can I do third feeding, on weekends 5-6 times.
Just some samples of dry food
IMG_4537.JPG

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome back and BEAUTIFUL reef set up!

OP
OP
M&M

M&M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mark my black sun coral is opening up now. Took your suggestion from your RC thread and put the coral in a pitcher of tank water on the kitchen counter. I add NPS food and let the coral sit I. The mix for a couple of hours. [emoji3][emoji106]

OP
OP
M&M

M&M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW......I love, love ,love, love this aquarium!! Stunning! Very well done!
Thank you :)
Mark my black sun coral is opening up now. Took your suggestion from your RC thread and put the coral in a pitcher of tank water on the kitchen counter. I add NPS food and let the coral sit I. The mix for a couple of hours. [emoji3][emoji106]
Great!!! I am glad things are working out for you , sun corals are beautiful when healthy, so keep feeding, mine stay open almost 24/7
Beautiful Tank! I love the way you have your rock work coming out of the water.

BTW - Thank you for using Coral Frenzy :)
Thank you ! Coral Frenzy is one of my favorites foods , I always get great feeding response using it :)

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.9%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 32 16.4%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 35 17.9%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 96 49.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.5%
Back