OP
OP
M&M

M&M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I have something going after my gorgonian and my chilli coral. I suspect a crab, as you will see on pictures I took, it cut the branches just like scissors would do. My chilli coral is almost completely eaten. So tall glass and piece of shrimp going in my tank tonight, and hopefully I can catch it.

look at those 3 branches that are cut off
gorgonian1.jpg

my chilli coral almost completely gone
chilli coral.jpg

shornik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful Fish and I hope you catch the culprit. I have a crab in my tank that's been evading my attempts to nab it for months and months. Yesterday I got very close and snuck up from behind with long tweezers, but all I got was it's arm :eek: Well at least it won't have that for a while (do they grow back?).

IMG_7595.JPG

OP
OP
M&M

M&M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick update on my qt. Tinkeri butterfly is doing great now. Couple of days after I got her from LFS it was covered in ich everywhere , also I saw signs of flukes. That's so important to have qt ready, as even best LFS can't prevent all disease. She is in 60 mg/gal CP and after 2 treatment with General Cure which is Prazipro and Metro mixed together. I was scared for couple of days as she stopped eating and only was breathing with one gill, the other was shut. But few days later she looks clean and eating like pig, also is breathing normal with both gills. She will stay in CP for full 30 days, after that I will observe her for another week or so, and if all good will go in DT before holidays.

Tinkeri Butterfly in qt2.jpg

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.2%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 35 17.2%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 37 18.1%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 100 49.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.5%
Back