MarkyMark's Cube (Waterbox Cube 20)

I only used filter sock for a couple of times. Abandoned it. It clogged so easily and too much trouble to keep clean. Instead, I use a cut out 3"x3" filter pad. Clean it every other day; it's easy to clean. Throw away after several uses. It's cheap! (Yeah, I place the 3"x3" filter pad on top of the media/filter basket in the return chamber)

Just cut many 3"x3" pads
filter pad.JPG


from a roll of 12"x72"x1" filter sheet.
61wCrbz635L._AC_SL1184_.jpg
 
I only used filter sock for a couple of times. Abandoned it. It clogged so easily and too much trouble to keep clean. Instead, I use a cut out 3"x3" filter pad. Clean it every other day; it's easy to clean. Throw away after several uses. It's cheap! (Yeah, I place the 3"x3" filter pad on top of the media/filter basket in the return chamber)

Just cut many 3"x3" pads
filter pad.JPG


from a roll of 12"x72"x1" filter sheet.
61wCrbz635L._AC_SL1184_.jpg
I considered this option however, I don't like the idea of creating so much waste so I opted for the filter socks.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 21 29.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new