MarkyMark's Cube (Waterbox Cube 20)

Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO
I only used filter sock for a couple of times. Abandoned it. It clogged so easily and too much trouble to keep clean. Instead, I use a cut out 3"x3" filter pad. Clean it every other day; it's easy to clean. Throw away after several uses. It's cheap! (Yeah, I place the 3"x3" filter pad on top of the media/filter basket in the return chamber)

Just cut many 3"x3" pads
filter pad.JPG


from a roll of 12"x72"x1" filter sheet.
61wCrbz635L._AC_SL1184_.jpg
 
I only used filter sock for a couple of times. Abandoned it. It clogged so easily and too much trouble to keep clean. Instead, I use a cut out 3"x3" filter pad. Clean it every other day; it's easy to clean. Throw away after several uses. It's cheap! (Yeah, I place the 3"x3" filter pad on top of the media/filter basket in the return chamber)

Just cut many 3"x3" pads
filter pad.JPG


from a roll of 12"x72"x1" filter sheet.
61wCrbz635L._AC_SL1184_.jpg
I considered this option however, I don't like the idea of creating so much waste so I opted for the filter socks.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 23 29.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new