Maroon Clown Terrorist

Tom2257

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two Maroon clown fish. The larger one is 1.5 inches and the smaller is 1 inch. They fought until the smaller one finally submitted. They still nip but not like before. I also have a Lionfish around 4-5 inches long. The big clown fish attacks the Lionfish daily. The clown goes out of its way to swim at warp speed across the tank (125 Gallons) and terrorize the Lionfish
In addition when I walk up to the tank this terrorist comes front and center to me, threatening me, seriously! Last week when I was going some maintenance this vicious fish had the nerve to actually attack my hand and bite. Its to the point the Lionfish keeps a low profile.

Any suggestions?

GeoSquid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pair of maroons. I added a larger pair of Saddlebacks and now the maroons hide in the corner behind some rocks and only come out to eat. They've all been together for 3 years. I see sometimes the large maroon will have bites out of it's fins. The saddles spawn ever couple weeks and when they have eggs, the female will bite me if I get close. Tank is a 180 gal.

joseph scott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eventually the lion will eat the clown. So there's that. =
Eventually the lion will eat the clown. So there's that. =)
very true, sounds like the clownfish is preventively attacking a fish it knows will try to eat it. Oh and also maroon clown being a maroon clown that’s all.

Sink_or_Swim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two Maroon clown fish. The larger one is 1.5 inches and the smaller is 1 inch. They fought until the smaller one finally submitted. They still nip but not like before. I also have a Lionfish around 4-5 inches long. The big clown fish attacks the Lionfish daily. The clown goes out of its way to swim at warp speed across the tank (125 Gallons) and terrorize the Lionfish
In addition when I walk up to the tank this terrorist comes front and center to me, threatening me, seriously! Last week when I was going some maintenance this vicious fish had the nerve to actually attack my hand and bite. Its to the point the Lionfish keeps a low profile.

Any suggestions?
"Why do I get the feeling I'm always being watched...?" Maroon clown: "Because you ARE!" LOL

Back