Maroon clown vanished?

Tyguy35

View Badges
Reaction score
So I come home from work and I say to my wife “hey where’s my fish”. I searched the tank for about an hour I checked the rear sump and nothing.
I noticed my elegance was super happy and huge. I gave the elegance a few soft pokes and it shriveled up. I couldn’t see a fish. This maroon was small but not small enough to be eaten by anything that fast.
No live rock or sand so I doubt a hitch hiker.
Would the emerald crab eat it? Anyone else have a clue where it may have gone. Really odd.

Corals.com

JumboShrimp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
The ‘happier’ than normal your Elegance looks, the more suspicious to me it seems. But let’s hope not.

OP
T

Tyguy35

View Badges
Reaction score
I agree I shined light through him, I did see a shadow but once he shriveled up I don’t see where the fish could fit. I checked everything. I really don’t know. He was on the smaller side so who knows. I’m assuming the elegance got him.

Top Shelf Aquatics

JosephRyan

FragTags
View Badges
Reaction score
We has a clown go missing in my sons reef. He swore that it was Elegance and we actually got rid of it. We were afraid it was going to eat another. Two months later, we moved the tank/stand and found the poor little crisp clown under the cabinet. He had jumped and we totally looked over him. Innocent until proven guilty now....

Terri Caton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Hopefully it's just hiding in the rock. Fish can hide in smaller spaces than you can imagine.

If it's your Elegance be thankful! Most people would sell their right arm to have an Elegance so healthy it could eat a fish.

Do you reef more, less or the same on the weekends?

• MORE

Votes: 135 61.4%
  • LESS

Votes: 15 6.8%
  • SAME

Votes: 70 31.8%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
Live Fish Food Combo Packs - AlgaeBarn.com
Pieces of the Ocean