Maroon Lagoon V3.0

Jgerm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really loving this build thread! Wish I had the space for a fish room like that right behind my tank. It is awesome that you are working with UT on coral spawning. Really interested to see were that goes. Are you doing simulated lunar cycles?
Awesome work man!

OP
OP
gig 'em

gig 'em

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've missed your last few posts and had to get caught up. Really amazing, John, and so good to see how healthy everything is after the trouble with the last tank. Hope you and the family are doing just as well.
Thank you sir! Now all my issues are self inflicted with these mid 80's temperatures! Luckily September the temps start coming back down, so there's an end in sight. My baby girl is growing faster than my corals and she takes more time too. Wouldn't trade it for the world though!!

OP
OP
gig 'em

gig 'em

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really loving this build thread! Wish I had the space for a fish room like that right behind my tank. It is awesome that you are working with UT on coral spawning. Really interested to see were that goes. Are you doing simulated lunar cycles?
Awesome work man!
Thanks! A dedicated fish room was a must for me. My wife and I looked at many houses when we were in the market and a wall in a central part of the house that would hold a fish room behind it was essential. It was a challenge, but worth it.

I am running lunar lights, I even made my own that are integrated in with the Apex LSM. I'm very hopeful that this will be successful, the research that would come out of it could be very helpful in understanding how corals can adapt to warming seas and shifting climates.

OP
OP
gig 'em

gig 'em

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was talking with my buddy earlier today about how I always end up taking the same photos of the same corals every time I get the camera out. So tonight I made a conscious effort to focus on the corals I don't usually shoot.
_DSC9097.jpeg
_DSC9096.jpeg
_DSC9091.jpeg
_DSC9086.jpeg
_DSC9085.jpeg
_DSC9073.jpeg

dbraun15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 6 magnificas and 5 giganteas in the same system, just spread out between the DT and the two frag tanks.
Well...that’s awesome...now we need to see FTS of the frag systems! How have you acquired so many specimens? Looking forward to seeing next round of pics...you’re system is drool worthy!

OP
OP
gig 'em

gig 'em

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday I was performing a water change and took my camera out to take some photos while the water level was low. As I was taking photos my mom called me and informed me that my 36 year old sister mysteriously passed away earlier that morning. It's been hard to accept, but I thought I would complete my task and post the photos in memory of her. She was a wonderful and loving woman, and these photos don't do nearly enough justice to remember her by, but I know she would enjoy them.
_DSC9163.jpeg
_DSC9154.jpeg
_DSC9137.jpeg
_DSC9158.jpeg
_DSC9165.jpeg
_DSC9160.jpeg
_DSC9166.jpeg
_DSC9153.jpeg
_DSC9161.jpeg
_DSC9147.jpeg
_DSC9138.jpeg
_DSC9148.jpeg
_DSC9152.jpeg
_DSC9150.jpeg
_DSC9155.jpeg

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Yesterday I was performing a water change and took my camera out to take some photos while the water level was low. As I was taking photos my mom called me and informed me that my 36 year old sister mysteriously passed away earlier that morning. It's been hard to accept, but I thought I would complete my task and post the photos in memory of her. She was a wonderful and loving woman, and these photos don't do nearly enough justice to remember her by, but I know she would enjoy them.
_DSC9163.jpeg
_DSC9154.jpeg
_DSC9137.jpeg
_DSC9158.jpeg
_DSC9165.jpeg
_DSC9160.jpeg
_DSC9166.jpeg
_DSC9153.jpeg
_DSC9161.jpeg
_DSC9147.jpeg
_DSC9138.jpeg
_DSC9148.jpeg
_DSC9152.jpeg
_DSC9150.jpeg
_DSC9155.jpeg

Very sorry to hear about your sister. Prayers to you and your family.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 25 36.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 10.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 22 31.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 13 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.9%
Back