Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a MarsAqua and the on/off switch broke. Anyone know how, and what to use to replace the switch?
Round switch or rectangle switch?

Either is easy to replace and those lights use standard sized switches of either. Most available on Amazon or similar.

They are super easy to replace, but you have to take the light apart and have basic soldering skills, or you can convert to spade connectors. Just need the spade connecters and a wire crimper for that route.

To replace, just take the crews out around the perimeter, lift up the top, then press in clips for the switch to remove it. There is usually enough lead way that you do not need to disconnect any of the connectors from the drivers to the LEDs.

OP
OP
Anthellia

Anthellia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a round switch and I think I will go with spade connectors since I don't have a soldering gun. Would an automotive store have it cause I looked at Lowes and didn't see anything that would work?

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a round switch and I think I will go with spade connectors since I don't have a soldering gun. Would an automotive store have it cause I looked at Lowes and didn't see anything that would work?
Possibly, but you need to make sure it is rated for the correct voltage and amperage. This should all be listed on the package.

Amazon or similar is also anohter option, as most items in those lights can be found on there. Even by searching the part number on the old switches, I have found them next day delivery in the last lol.

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 26 16.6%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 65 41.4%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 22 14.0%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 35 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 5.7%
Back