MARSH Members - are you okay?

melev

Avid Hobbyist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I checked your local site to see how things were going, but can't find the login page. Just wanted to see how things were going for your members, and what kind of help you're looking for.

aquaman30k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Several members have had flood waters enter their homes. I've seen at lest a dozen in Houston and 2-3 in Corpus that have had flood waters half way up their stands but most of them have tanks that survived with minimal losses. The next phase will be cleaning up after this catastrophe. Drywall to cut out, electrical to repair and stands that will need replacement not to mention all the material objects that will need to be disposed of.

It would be nice to setup a crowdfunding for our fellow hobbiests that have been effected. What do you think?

clownfish chris

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As far as we can tell everyone on MARSH is at least okay. We can't say the same for property. I am okay with no issues to my home however I do know that there are some members who may have lost everything. We are discussing ways we can reach out to our members. Remember, our tanks and fish are secondary to our lives and those of our families. If you want to donate, please consider donating to the Red Cross.
http://www.marsh-reef.org/hurricane-harvey/
I would also encourage anyone to create a guest account on MARSH and chime in.
Chris B.
MARSH BoD

Last edited:

OceansX

Coral Websites
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Marc. Thanks for asking. I am blessed that I have my family, home, and reef tank intact.

(And yes that was me at MACNA and I am safely back.)

OP
OP
melev

melev

Avid Hobbyist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the quick responses. I tried to retrieve my forum password on MARSHreef.org but no luck.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 39.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 52 34.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.9%
Back