Massive amount of Palythoas.

Salty Jimbo

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 2, 2019
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had coral in my 20gal tank for roughly a year now, with mostly Zoanthids and Palythoas. I am yet to attempt a fragging due to not wanting to crash my tank. I have a massive colony of Reverse Space Monster palys that needs to be fragged, it has spread to multiple rocks and is starting to get close to other coral. What is the safest way to do this? (I have a frag kit and plugs)
Thanks!
 
Pretty good videos on fragging palythoa on youtube. Just be really cautious when you frag paly’s as they will “spit out” chemicals which are poisoneous. Frag them outside the tank using protective gloves and eyewear. After fragging let the rock with palys and frags sit in a bucket of saltwater. This way you will not introduce the poison directly in your system. I run some activated carbon for 2 weeks after big fraggings.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new