Massive pod tank attempt

GREEF stricken

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings Fellow diversity nuts...

So I have a 75 gal stock tank I want to convert to a massive pod culture tank. Lots of rock, macros and pods Pods PODS!!!! Want as many symbiotic little edible critters as I can stuff in...I know the basics but wanted any input you might have...Thx

GS

tyler1503

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow a 75 is huge for that! From what I've read even a 20 is big for pod culturing.
Sounds like an awesome experiment! :)

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an established 72g I use for a preliminary QT. I don't dose copper or anything that messes with inverts in it. If I go a while with no fish the glass is covered in pods, like thousands. I noticed that they are thickest around the edges where the film algae is "let go" when I don't really scrape well. My last leopard wrasse knocked out the pod population in about 4 days and his tummy was huge around the clock those four days, and he is still finding them but I no longer see them except at night. I'm talking about the tiny copepods here, not the big old amphipods.

I believe There are several ways people culture them in mass if you search. One method I saw was stacking cut portion of corragated plastic until the stack was tight across say a 10g or 20 gallon. Then you can harvest them by pulling the plastic sheets.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 17 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 38 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 146 67.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.8%
Back