MasterTronic Pricing Released

Focustronic_Eric

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some experience with reefbot as i purchased one 3 weeks ago.

So far it has not been a good experience at all. Setting it up was not a problem, but as soon as i ran my first test, and opened up with reefbot i found a bent needle and lots of liquid inside the unit. Needle ended up being a slight adjustment to the proximity switch inside the unit (took 10 minutes), the liquid inside was another story altogether. After talking with them for several days, we finally found the issue was a burnt up chip on the motherboard. Sent them pics of the chip and was promised a replacement within days. 1 1/2 weeks later i received 2 chips, both were the wrong one. Now i wait again on the correct chip to arrive. So 3 weeks in on a new unit and I've had to adjust a prox switch, replace a chip and repair a broken piece holding the testing vial due to the needle hitting it and cracking it.

All the while going thru this, i've run thru almost half my reagants for ammonia, nitrate, and phosphate testing each time i thought i had fixed the problems. And each time i thought i had fixed the problem, i had to wait at least a day for a response.

So 3 weeks after setting it up, i've nothing to show except a bunch of bogus tests. On a positive side, i am pretty sure by now i could get hired on by them as a reefbot technician. I've gone thru and removed and installed just about every pump, line, chip, test tube, needle, or any other component I've left off several times.

Lastly about the reefbot, the app, is not user friendly at all. In fact it's fairly confusing as far as apps go. You have to switch between your tank and the reefbot, depending on what you are trying to do. And you also have to be aware that when you change something out, you have to reset it in the settings (needles for example). I wasn't aware the reefbot is still in Beta, but i can completely see it and agree with it considering all the issues I've had.

Dale

sorry for your experience

where did you find out it is still in beta?

MartinWaite

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone had posted it, may not be true, i dunno. Still can’t get mine to work, getting pink results for 2 different ammonia tests.

Waiting for Mastertronic to be available in US
Mastertronic is available for preorder and I know that there is a quite a few preordered in the UK and that there will only be a limited number released due to a world shortage of a part due to covid. Which is probably why it's been put out for preorder so they can shop to where they are wanted!

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, are we still looking at December then?

SkiCat,
The alkatronic is unbeatable when paired up with a cal reactor

Not really interested in the Mastertonic or the Ion Director, but with the price points and using testing probes, would have to pull the trigger with GHLs Ion Director, paired up the recommended dosing pump.

SkiCatTX

Sustainable Reefkeeping
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SkiCat,
The alkatronic is unbeatable when paired up with a cal reactor

Not really interested in the Mastertonic or the Ion Director, but with the price points and using testing probes, would have to pull the trigger with GHLs Ion Director, paired up the recommended dosing pump.
I already have a Trident, which I'm happy with. I want a machine to test Nitrate and Phosphate (and someday Iodine, Iron, and other trace), I don't ready care at this point about the other tests the Mastertronic does, but I don't want to deal with the issues so many people are having with the ReefBot. I'm hopeful of the quality of the Focustronic device, fingers crossed.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back