Matt like algae - cant get rid no matter what

  • Thread starter Thread starter jackbc19
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jackbc19

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 24, 2025
Messages
21
Reaction score
6
Location
England
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

My tank is around 4 months old.
80L AIO

I have sps and lps in here all thriving.

Nitrate: 5-10
Phosphate: 0.03-0.05
Alk: 85
Mag: 1450
Calc: 460

I have 5 trochus,
3 nassarius
1 conch
4 bumblebee snails
1 cleaner shrimp

I’ve been battling this algae for a week or so i’ve tired manual removal, doesn’t work makes it worse.
Tried to adjust flow
Turned off whites on the light

Nothing is working.

Any ideas what it is and what to do?

IMG_3185.jpeg
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3183.mov
    15.7 MB
I have it in my tank. I find it’s A LOT easier to remove after it grows out quite a bit. It seems to come off the rocks easier. Maybe let it grow out and then manually remove? I don’t have a lot that comes back after I do that. I don’t know how to eliminate it other than standard algae reductions methods but maybe controlling it will keep it manageable. Just my $0.02
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 14.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new